10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they’re usually suggesting we sell him back to Villa for £20 so I don’t tend to pay them much attention.

I just think they are knownowt transfer expert cranks, so ignore most of the shite they post .

But that’s not why we aren’t going to sell him back, mate. It’s nothing to do with financials but more the fact that Pep is far happier with him and his importance to the team than the half dozen or so on here who think he’s shit and a waste of space.
The question is - is he happy?

I don't really buy those transfer "insider news" but the recent ones suggest that the player himself is not happy and don't see City style best suits him. It is fair enough for me.

I think that it really hurt when he was not in the starting XI vs Liverpool and was not even given the chance to come on after a very decent run of games after injury - including the excellent display vs United.

As reported Villa did match city's salary offer when Grealish decided to transfer. So money is not the main issue. He has already got one trophy and hopefully some more at the end of this season. Another reason is that he wanted to play a bigger role in the national team. It is obviously not working so far. His position in the national team even slipped more. I won't blame him if he wishes to try something else. And frankly I think it is good for City as well. City can cash in and invest in some younger players.

Last edited:
His brief showings off the bench are a bit like watching him for us. Wants the ball ,looks comfortable with it, hangs on to it too long and gets fouled. Where is the impact.
Southgate said in one post match interview that he wanted Grealish to get fouls to bring the team up pitch. It is clear order. And frankly England team is very good at set pieces so I don't think it is wrong.

The question is - is he happy?

I don't really buy those transfer "insider news" but the recent ones suggest that the player himself is not happy and don't see City style best suits him. It is fair enough for me.

I think that it really hurt when he was not in the starting XI vs Liverpool and was not even given the chance to come on after a very decent run of games after injury - including the excellent display vs United.

As reported Villa did match city's salary offer when Grealish decided to transfer. So money is not the main issue. He has already got one trophy and hopefully some more at the end of this season. Another reason is that he wanted to play a bigger role in the national team. It is obviously not working so far. His position in the national team even slipped more. I won't blame him if he wishes to try something else. And frankly I think it is good for City as well. City can cash in and invest in some younger players.
The answer is Yes.

The rest is just the same shite I’ve read from the same posters over and over again so can’t be arsed with going over old ground.

The answer is Yes.

The rest is just the same shite I’ve read from the same posters over and over again so can’t be arsed with going over old ground.
Before you start this is not a criticism of the player, but I hope he is not happy, he has not yet become one of the main players in our team or the National team, he has the talent to do both.

Before he joined us, I always thought he was an arrogant twat, I was very wrong with that, he clearly is a very decent bloke and if anything too decent at least on the pitch, he is far to mellow at times and for me that's the issue.

The arrogant, angry Jack Grealish on the pitch is a far better player and as said, for that reason I hope he is not happy at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.