10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, we probably overpaid a few quid for Jack, but so what? Some you win and some you lose. It’s not like we’ve done a Sanchez.

He’s clearly a really popular member of the squad and seems like a nice guy. And is a really good footballer. that Pep clearly rates. Which has to be a decent benchmark. So what if he doesn’t do complete justice to his price tag, as long as he makes the squad better overall? Which he undoubtedly does.

Don’t get the hate for him from some quarters. Just can’t see what there is to dislike about him.

We overpaid for Michael Robinson, but it didn’t stop him having an amazing career. Get over it. Jack is an important part of this squad.
I mostly agree but when you are the most expensive player in the country you will always be defined by your price tag.

We haven't seen the best of Jack yet imo.. he looked quality in a recent game, Chelsea at home in carabao, I think.. Hopefully he gets a big game winner/confidence booster to get him going consistently.

I think that he wanted to try a cut back using his left foot but unable to beat Gomez. He did quite often at Villa/England and sometimes last season here at City.

But yes I agree with you. Jack was not up to speed when coming on. Phil and John were a bit off as well. They grew into the game more after 5mins. I won't be too worried. After all they only had one brief training session the day before.
Compare him to Palmer's first half. He was beating his man, getting crosses in and had a couple of shots. Also laid the ball back into midfield first touch when there was nothing else on. Why can't Jack do all of this?

Compare him to Palmer's first half. He was beating his man, getting crosses in and had a couple of shots. Also laid the ball back into midfield first touch when there was nothing else on. Why can't Jack do all of this?
Because Liverpool was playing several C team players in the midfield with old Milner in the first half. When Liverpool subbed their A team players on, Pep took Palmer off. It tells you all.

We haven't seen the best of Jack yet imo.. he looked quality in a recent game, Chelsea at home in carabao, I think.. Hopefully he gets a big game winner/confidence booster to get him going consistently.
I don't think so. Cuz Pep will not give him a chance in the big game. I hope that Pep gets him some stats and sell him next summer. I rate the player but City is not the best place for him.

Got to get Jack off the wing where he can be double teamed and blocked off.

He has to be given his Villa role where he picks up the ball deep and goes on a run. Often he can't be stopped unless they foul him. That leads to plenty of free kicks on the edges of the box and ideal for KDB and Ryhad.

Got to get Jack off the wing where he can be double teamed and blocked off.

He has to be given his Villa role where he picks up the ball deep and goes on a run. Often he can't be stopped unless they foul him. That leads to plenty of free kicks on the edges of the box and ideal for KDB and Ryhad.
Problem is you can’t really have him and KDB free to roam anywhere whilst essentially playing with 3 forwards. No chance Grealish gets that role ahead of KDB or probably Foden in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.