10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we just have to accept he’s not a goalscorer. He wasn’t necessarily a goalscorer at Villa anyway. he’s just not a great finisher and that’s the way it is. He will get the odd goal now and again.

But if he can start notching up more assists like he did tonight then that’ll do for me.

At least he was getting into some good positions tonight, which can’t always be said in the past, so hopefully he sticks a few away now and again
If you play wide forward in this side you have to score goals. Sane, Sterling, Mahrez, Foden have all consistently chipped in over the years. There is no excuse for someone with Grealishs ability not to score goals. Nobody is expecting 20 a season from him, but he should be getting double figures and certainly shouldn’t be missing all of those chances in the 1st half. Fair play to him for staying strong and delivering in the 2nd half.

It’s another start for him. He has had a few of these types of games where we hope it’s a springboard to him hitting the heights we know he is capable of. He hasn’t followed it up previously, it’s high time he does.

Missed a couple of chances but overall he was excellent. I bet you after De Bruyne there's not a player in the side Haaland likes having in the team more than Jack. If he can become a bit more ruthless at times, and more direct in certain moments, he'll blossom into a genuine world-class player.

Overall his game his was good and two assists, which will boost his confidence I’m sure. The one thing I was impressed with, was that he kept going. He has to improve his finishing though. That really was a poor miss from the Rico cut back. Against better sides that could be costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.