10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have had a match ball in the first half but credit to him , he never let his head drop and put two goals on a plate for the big man , he gets virtually no protection from referees it appears to be a free for all to kick Jack Grealish. But he is a tough lad who come sback for more and winds up the opposition which helps break their defensive concentration , if only he could add a few goals to his game

Amazing how "stats" makes people blind. He is lucky Leeds were so poor as against a decent team those chances and negative balls in the first half could have come back to bite us on our arse.

Amazing how "stats" makes people blind. He is lucky Leeds were so poor as against a decent team those chances and negative balls in the first half could have come back to bite us on our arse.

It’s not about stats

Anyone who isn’t blind can see he had 2 excellent assists tonight

Don’t be a shithouse, give the lad some credit.

Not sure how you can think that first point. Foden only played for 20 minutes and barely touched the ball. Think he gave it it away once.
The goal conceded might be his fault though. Completely lost his man on the corner who went on to score the header.

Not really knocking him though. It’s not easy to come into game and make a big impact when you’re already 3-0 up.

We know his quality though, I’m sure he’ll be starting again soon too.

Positive side: He is a perfect out ball to release pressure against intense pressing team. Especially when Bernado is not on the pitch. Sometimes fan says him passing back, carrying the ball for too long, etc. You have to understand what he does is very tough dirty job, receiving ball under a lot pressure from behind. When you get kicks after kicks you cannot make every decision correct. He works very hard and protect the back line. Very good team player.

Negative side: He can get into scoring position but he does not adjust his body position quickly enough. That is why he misses so many chances. Something he MUST improve.

He is very needed especially in away game. But in the long term I still hold my original opinion: it may be better for the player himself to be in a different team where he can play in the midfield. Then his ability of releasing pressure, ball carrying, etc, will be maximised. And no one will focus too much on his finishing. City may as well go after some other big name wingers and balance the team more.

Last edited:
It’s not about stats

Anyone who isn’t blind can see he had 2 excellent assists tonight

Don’t be a shithouse, give the lad some credit.

If he does it on a consistent basis then i won't be a shithouse. He gets credit for two assists that will go nice next to his name, but two five yard passes doesn't make up for the awful performance in the first half yet again which could have cost us the game against a better side.

Having the heart of a lion, being a nice lad and always trying is not good enough for Manchester City, you have to produce and he hasn't been and people's views are being clouded by two short passes to Haaland.

I guarantee everyones opinion on here since 9.30pm would have changed if Haaland hadn't scored the two goals.

At half time he passed to Ake the most and did not pass to Haaland once, that's unacceptable and people can try and dress it up how they want "Pep wants him to play like that" which is bollocks. He has the ability and it's about time he started showing it on a consistent basis.

The goal conceded might be his fault though. Completely lost his man on the corner who went on to score the header.

Not really knocking him though. It’s not easy to come into game and make a big impact when you’re already 3-0 up.

We know his quality though, I’m sure he’ll be starting again soon too.

It is what said in Amazon prime post match interview as well. Foden lost his man. But it is difficult to get into the game. Get him a full 90min this weekend and freshen him up. Several players in the first half also a bit lost of pace for some 10-15 mins. It is understandable after a long break.

If he does it on a consistent basis then i won't be a shithouse. He gets credit for two assists that will go nice next to his name, but two five yard passes doesn't make up for the awful performance in the first half yet again which could have cost us the game against a better side.

Having the heart of a lion, being a nice lad and always trying is not good enough for Manchester City, you have to produce and he hasn't been and people's views are being clouded by two short passes to Haaland.

I guarantee everyones opinion on here since 9.30pm would have changed if Haaland hadn't scored the two goals.

At half time he passed to Ake the most and did not pass to Haaland once, that's unacceptable and people can try and dress it up how they want "Pep wants him to play like that" which is bollocks. He has the ability and it's about time he started showing it on a consistent basis.

I’m presuming you’ve posted in the Haaland thread criticising him for his awful performance and chances missed in the first half which could have cost us against better teams.

EDIT: just checked and it seems you’re only a shithouse to Grealish.

Last edited:
I’m presuming you’ve posted in the Haaland thread criticising him for his awful performance and chances missed in the first half which could have cost us against better teams.

Haaland can play as bad as he wants, he produces near enough every game. Silly comparison when he's just scored his 25th and 26th goals of the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.