10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His first half performance was up there with Buster Phillips. His second half performance showed a lot of maturity and of course had the 2 key assists. Jack needs to get more serious, just like his second half performance.

“Shithouse”

Just edited it because there was a math error in my first go round.

Basically we're better with him in the team, at least as far as the league's concerned.
I think the thing is that the expectations have been rightly or wrongly set that a 27 year old in the team should be starting to take a mature stance. If Grealish can really start to get to grips with what his role is and escape the British culture that he seems to be wrapped up in then he has a great 5-6 years ahead of him. The more I think about it, the more I think he has a lack of confidence and his interviews are a lot of bravado.

The second half is papering over cracks though imo. Out of his 56 games, he's shown us more first half performances than second.

I want Jack to do well and have defended him in the past.

You can say it's all if's, but's and maybes but if we don't win that game tonight then this thread wouldn't have people weirdly calling others shithouses for criticising his performance (which is a weird thing to do on a performance thread, otherwise lets change the title to Jack Grealish Fan Club 2022/23 if we believe that no player can never have a poor performance)

If he goes on to produce on a consistent basis then great, but i want to see him being positive and not passing back to Nathan Ake once every 4 mins in the first half.
Yeah but Pep said afterwards he plays just how he wants him and Mahrez to. You’ve brought up Ake there who is a brilliant defender but hardly the attacking left back Jack would need to thrive off to get forward more. He’s done really well tonight’s after a shit first half, let’s not be too hard on him

If we were offered 100million for Jack tomorrow it would be interesting how many City fans would take it.

Surely it would be more relevent to see what the club would do in that scenario ?

Pretty sure that he is playing the role that Pep wants, which is much more important than the opinions of a section of the fans.

It’s a perfect example.

Both players missed chances in the first half and both players made huge, match winning contributions in the second half.

Spin it how you want, but how you have chosen to evaluate both performances is marked.
Nothing like the same. Haaland hit the target every time. They were saved. Jacks were abysmal efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.