10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been said before, but bears repeating, Jack is having to adjust to how Pep wants him to play. Instead of being the free-flowing, do whatever he wants player he was with Villa, he now has significant restraints placed on him. When he figures out how to apply his strengths, dynamism, beating players, creating chances, within the limits Pep has set for him, he will be magnificent.

Unfortunately, he seems to be in a kind of Sterling stasis. Though, unlike Sterling he still plays for City. Like Sterling, however, he isn't scoring goals. Bottom line, you just gotta trust Pep on this one. It's time to cut our losses. He's probably not gonna improve, but when he does it will be an absolute joy to watch him destroy defenders. I've got faith in Jack, and more so in Pep, so I trust that he will rise up to his price tag. Not 100 million perhaps, perhaps not even 20 million, shoot he might be loaned out to Leeds next year. But, given all that I've seen, I'm dead certain he'll prove his critics wrong. There's no way he isn't in the first team for years to come. Sorry to say though, I just don't think it'll click for Jack, it might be time for him to move on. All we can do at this point is put our support behind him, and I'm sure he'll be scoring loads of goals in no time.

So why do you think Foden isn’t ahead of him every time ? Whats the reason for that .
Foden has had a little dip in his development, to be expected but when on his game he is night and day a better player than Grealish.

Grealish has to do more and has to be far more consistent, end of story.

It's been said before, but bears repeating, Jack is having to adjust to how Pep wants him to play. Instead of being the free-flowing, do whatever he wants player he was with Villa, he now has significant restraints placed on him. When he figures out how to apply his strengths, dynamism, beating players, creating chances, within the limits Pep has set for him, he will be magnificent.

Unfortunately, he seems to be in a kind of Sterling stasis. Though, unlike Sterling he still plays for City. Like Sterling, however, he isn't scoring goals. Bottom line, you just gotta trust Pep on this one. It's time to cut our losses. He's probably not gonna improve, but when he does it will be an absolute joy to watch him destroy defenders. I've got faith in Jack, and more so in Pep, so I trust that he will rise up to his price tag. Not 100 million perhaps, perhaps not even 20 million, shoot he might be loaned out to Leeds next year. But, given all that I've seen, I'm dead certain he'll prove his critics wrong. There's no way he isn't in the first team for years to come. Sorry to say though, I just don't think it'll click for Jack, it might be time for him to move on. All we can do at this point is put our support behind him, and I'm sure he'll be scoring loads of goals in no time.
Sorry mate but this the most confusing post ever. Is he going to be world class and stay, or he’s shit and we’re shipping him out? Seems like both haha

Still looks to be putting huge pressure on himself to perform, which would be okay if it wasn't leading to him playing less naturally. What was good to see, despite the poor finishing, was that he was finally getting into positions to score and coming off the left touchline. The second half was excellent, a couple of assists and he can build on that.

The concern I have is that, if he doesn't then score and assist in the next game he will be back to trying too hard and losing his effectiveness again. You can see the way he missed his chances, he is playing in full awareness that he needs numbers. He needs to forget all that and just play like he can, he showed against Leeds he can be an effective player for us and that's the main thing. I like him as a person, his pace on the ball is brilliant when he is direct and I recognise he needs to mix his game up and keep the ball at times as well.

I want to see him succeed, like all City players and that was a good start from him overall. 2 assists, we'll take that.

Still looks to be putting huge pressure on himself to perform, which would be okay if it wasn't leading to him playing less naturally. What was good to see, despite the poor finishing, was that he was finally getting into positions to score and coming off the left touchline. The second half was excellent, a couple of assists and he can build on that.

The concern I have is that, if he doesn't then score and assist in the next game he will be back to trying too hard and losing his effectiveness again. You can see the way he missed his chances, he is playing in full awareness that he needs numbers. He needs to forget all that and just play like he can, he showed against Leeds he can be an effective player for us and that's the main thing. I like him as a person, his pace on the ball is brilliant when he is direct and I recognise he needs to mix his game up and keep the ball at times as well.

I want to see him succeed, like all City players and that was a good start from him overall. 2 assists, we'll take that.
Yeah, he’s not doing himself any favours by getting fixated on his G/A stats. You can tell that his passionate celebration after his first assist was not so much because we had the game won, but more that he had a number. It’s all he thinks about and he needs to stop but I don’t think he can. Pep has repeated half a dozen times now that Jack doesn’t need goals and assists to impress him. But Jack hasn’t really changed in that he’s still obsessed by the figures.

So why do you think Foden isn’t ahead of him every time ? Whats the reason for that .
Mostly rotation but I think it was telling that Foden was selected in the run-in last seasons over Grealish for:
Atlético a
Liverpool h
Madrid h
Madrid a
Villa h

We’ve not had many big games yet this season, obviously the most important games are later in the CL and in the title run-in, but when Foden has started one over Grealish he got a Hat-trick (United h) and neither started away at Liverpool. Grealish has started both EFL Cup games against Chelsea and Liverpool, although I wouldn’t describe the early rounds as big games.

Our best performances of the season to date (Forest h, United h first half) it’s been Foden over Grealish.

A couple of games: Grealish was taken off at half time for being so poor in the first half (Seville h) and taken off early in the second half for being so poor to that point (Fulham h).

Grealish’s best performances have been against Wolves and Leicester away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.