10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No we are taliking about what he said about his performances and the goal scoring comment was part of that. You can't pick and choose which bits you want to believe.
I was talking about the tweet which said goals are a bonus or would change his mind , no idea what you are talking about, didnt watch the video , he still defends his players in public and is trying to take the pressure off a hundred million pound p!ayer , it is obvious what he is doing

City Xtra

Pep Guardiola: “Jack [Grealish] doesn't need goals to change my opinion…” [via @footballdaily] https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1608807377133764608/video/1…
12:50 PM · Dec 30, 2022
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1608807648455176192|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=&tweet_id=1608807648455176192

I was talking about the tweet which said goals are a bonus , no idea what you are talking about, didnt watch the video , he still defends his players in public and is trying to take the pressure off a hundred million pound p!ayer , it is obvious what he is doing

City Xtra

Pep Guardiola: “Jack [Grealish] doesn't need goals to change my opinion…” [via @footballdaily] https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1608807377133764608/video/1…
12:50 PM · Dec 30, 2022
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref...con^s1_&ref_url=&tweet_id=1608807648455176192
So you are taking an out of context quote and basing an opinion on that, probably not the best idea.

I think all these things can be and are true -

- Jack wants more goals and assists, and Pep wants them from him.

- Pep wants to give some public backing to a player that receives a lot of scrutiny, seems to be very hard on himself, and has historically responded best to an arm around the shoulders.

- A lot of what Jack's doing on the pitch is what Pep's asked of him, and Pep is generally happy with his performances and how they've contributed to the tactical approach that he's implementing.

- No player, team, manager or performance is perfect. Criticism is fine and valuable, there are always things that can be worked on. Jack's neither the greatest player that ever lived nor a sack of shit.

It’s why this thread is so hard to reply to without calling posters out. I try my very best, honestly I do, to remain as neutral as possible when reading comments but then you come across the kind of shite fordyboy has just wrote and it all goes out of the window! Haha!

I mean, he’s posted that nonsense just two days after Grealish played a huge part in a tricky away fixture that won us the 3 points. I don’t expect much in general from Fordy but it’s like he’s not even trying anymore.
Come on, we're all allowed our opinion on players and mine is that Jack hasn't been very good in the near season and a half he's been with us. Yes, it's not his fault the ridiculous 100m price tag was put on his head but even if we'd paid 40m I'd be saying we're nearly getting value for money him at that price.
You don't agree but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to that

If we're being honest, Haaland missed a couple of chances that were as straight forward as Jack's. We don't rely on Grealish for goals. I couldn't care less if he didn't score all season just as long as he's playing like he did in that second half much more often. But if he can finally add more goals to his game then it will at least shut a lot of numpties up.

Come on, we're all allowed our opinion on players and mine is that Jack hasn't been very good in the near season and a half he's been with us. Yes, it's not his fault the ridiculous 100m price tag was put on his head but even if we'd paid 40m I'd be saying we're nearly getting value for money him at that price.
You don't agree but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to that
You are entitled to an opinion, we all are. I have opinions but when Pep says what he wants a player to be doing and that player is doing what he says, while I might not see it I stop and think to myself who is most likely to be right Pep Guardiola or me posting on the internet. I know that 99.9 times out of 100 it won’t be me.
So when I can’t see why he’d leave out Foden for Grealish or Mharez sometimes ,I know I’m not seeing what Pep sees and I’m probably wrong and that’s okay. I also know Pep doesn’t pick players that for a season and a half aren’t very good.

Whatever you think of him, there's few players, if anyone, in world football that is better than him at drawing fouls, occupying defenders and getting his team up the pitch time and again. Grealish will always give more space for team-mates simply by attracting one, two or even three opposing players at times, and that's a massive positive.

He's brilliant at what he's good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.