10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
They set up to limit the space for our midfield runs and overloads, they did that and sacrificed the space out wide in the process. This meant the onus was always on our wingers today to make things happen and once again bar one moment from mahrez they did nothing. Others didn't play well either but that's where the points were dropped today and we struggle to break down any side that does the same thing.

Huge stretch to be crediting Grealish for the goal, was a basic cross field pass that wasn't really threatening until Mahrez did something, you may aswell be crediting the kdb/bernardo/ake triangle that worked the ball through to Grealish too aswell as whoever else touched it since it was in play if you're saying a basic 15-20 yard square pass is praiseworthy. That goal was created by mahrez, finished by Haaland.
As i said in fairness to Mahrez he produced 3 moments of magic. Jack played one decent pass to Mahrez where Mahrez then did brilliantly to create the goal

Genuinely depressed with this thread.

It's as though he is the only player on the pitch and everything is down to him .
Clearly its not, but when the rest of the team have put in match winning performances on a regular basis and one player doesn't produce yet still gets nearly 90mins he is going to get some stick. Ets be honest he's an OK player but if he came through our academy he wouldn't be getting the minutes he is getting putting in performances like he does. He's average but to make an impression in a a side that has been consistently brilliant , you have to be better.

It is a sickness in our fanbase that singles out individual players for unfair criticism. Grealish is the latest in a long line and the treatment of him by some on here is totally myopic.

And sadly we certainly do have some very sad buggers who would rather criticise than get behind the team or players when it doesn't go as expected.

Clearly its not, but when the rest of the team have put in match winning performances on a regular basis and one player doesn't produce yet still gets nearly 90mins he is going to get some stick. Ets be honest he's an OK player but if he came through our academy he wouldn't be getting the minutes he is getting putting in performances like he does. He's average but to make an impression in a a side that has been consistently brilliant , you have to be better.

I disgree but can't be arsed to discuss with you to be honest.

Jack is obviously the " new " easy target for the whingers on here

And sadly we certainly do have some very sad buggers who would rather criticise than get behind the team or players when it doesn't go as expected.
Ah here we go, you can't criticise a player because you have to get behind the team. Two different things my friend. I go and support the team but I have an opinion on where our weaknesses lie.
Today it was Pep for sticking with an ineffective Grealish and Mahrez.

If it make you feel better you just repeat the line to yourself that Pep comes out with, we player so we'll so strong bla bla bla and let the rest of us debate where things went wrong today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.