10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a sickness in our fanbase that singles out individual players for unfair criticism. Grealish is the latest in a long line and the treatment of him by some on here is totally myopic.
It used to be unfair criticism, but we've passed the bedding-in-phase. I was happy to give him a season to make the step up, but he's just not improving. Just once, I'd like him to spend an entire game running at defenders, not stopping a ball dead, and then proceeding to pass to his fullback or drifting aimlessly into the centre. When we signed him I was ecstatic, because there's a technically brilliant player in there, somewhere. But what we've seen so far is mostly insipid. Criticising the likes of Bernie, KDB, Gundo etc would be unfair, because they've proved brilliant assets over the years. Jack has yet to assert himself. If this is the best we're going to get from him, then it isn't enough. It's as simple as that.

Mate I get it , you want Grealish to be the world beater we all wanted. But its not working out for him, that's the reality.

I don't care if he is a world beater or not, but like every other player that certain City fans have a downer on, I find the whole scenario frustrating.

Jack can't select himself, so perhaps Pep is a useless manager who causes all our problems .

This is my last response to you, apart from hoping that Jack, City and Pep cause all the doubters to suck it up.

And a Happy New Year to you

We are going round in circles if you don’t think him and Mahrez are playing to instructions ( basically don’t lose the ball ) am not really sure football is for you .
If those are the instructions Pep has them adhering to, then he's failing them. Not just them but the team. They're basically rendered redundant when they can't play with even a little freedom, especially Jack, who doesn't have the explosiveness or pace to make things happen in such a rigid system.

Haha very good, football not for those that offer objective criticism. Ever been to a game? 99% of the crowd shouldn't be there in your opinion.

Do you think he is playing under instructions and the same can be said regards Foden and Mahrez , regards ever been to game just 40 years 30 years as a season ticket holder .

It used to be unfair criticism, but we've passed the bedding-in-phase. I was happy to give him a season to make the step up, but he's just not improving. Just once, I'd like him to spend an entire game running at defenders, not stopping a ball dead, and then proceeding to pass to his fullback or drifting aimlessly into the centre. When we signed him I was ecstatic, because there's a technically brilliant player in there, somewhere. But what we've seen so far is mostly insipid. Criticising the likes of Bernie, KDB, Gundo etc would be unfair, because they've proved brilliant assets over the years. Jack has yet to assert himself. If this is the best we're going to get from him, then it isn't enough. It's as simple as that.
Bingo , also Pep was massively at fault today with his tactics and very late subs, but he doesn't get the flack because he has produced so many many times.

Grealish himself said he had to score more and produce more this summer, he hasn't done that so far but that is just ignored by the happy clappers on here.

If those are the instructions Pep has them adhering to, then he's failing them. Not just them but the team. They're basically rendered when they can't play with even a little freedom, especially Jack, who doesn't the exolosiveness or pace to make things happen in such a rigid system.

Agreed but we have won 4 out of the 5 perms and since Sane left and Sterling being on the bench half the time in the 2 season previous , this is the way we have played , recycle/ball retention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.