10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CL Quarters & Semi’s, the last game of the season were the biggest game. As someone posted above he started 7 of the last 13 league games and they were mainly allowing the key players to stay fit.

If you don’t think remaining on the bench can Villa is an indication of how his form was viewed. Then I don’t believe you.
You appear to be addressing points ive not made.

You said

Not really. Pep benched him for practically the whole title run in

when clearly he didn't, Pep picked him more than any other player bar KDB in the last 6 games.

However there is one specific difference....
KDB has been outstanding for us over and over again....every player has a bad game here and there.

Grealish has been bang average since he joined and done very little.... 3 assists all last season....

Bernardo Silva had a quite and very innafective first half.....second half better but again he most of the time is a peresistent high performer....Grealish isnt
Immediately being on someone’s back isn’t supporting is it. Actually desperate for him not to do anything is shite. I agree he hasn’t performed yet, nowhere near as bad as is made out but he needs to take more risks rather than play it easy. There was probably 6 or 7 players worse than him on Saturday so let’s chill out. New season, support our players and reflect at the end. If he has another season like last then by all means let’s call it a failure

Do you want him back?
I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

I know there are plenty of Villa fans who see him joining you guys as some kind of betrayal and they act like he was never anything to him.

But he's (by a considerable distance) the best player our academy's produced, certainly in my lifetime, possibly ever.

Before he got injured in 20/21, he was virtually unplayable. Continuously creative, driving at defences, conjuring up endless chances, and all our other players were better for the space and service he provided. Matt Targett looked a top-class left-back. Ollie Watkins looked potentially lethal. Neither was anywhere near as convincing - or had anywhere near the time and space to play - after he left.

His head was in the right place, he was in great physical condition, he was playing with confidence and swagger and joy and aggression and absolutely no fear.

When he left, I made my peace with it. I'm a Villa fan first and a Jack fan second. I want him to succeed except against us. And he left because he wanted and deserved to play at the highest possible level and prove himself against the toughest competition. He was better than us and that hurts but I don't blame him for leaving.

Now I see you've got him hugging the touchline and afraid to lose the ball, and that's sad as hell because with just a little bit of belief and confidence and support he's an incredibly special player.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

I know there are plenty of Villa fans who see him joining you guys as some kind of betrayal and they act like he was never anything to him.

But he's (by a considerable distance) the best player our academy's produced, certainly in my lifetime, possibly ever.

Before he got injured in 20/21, he was virtually unplayable. Continuously creative, driving at defences, conjuring up endless chances, and all our other players were better for the space and service he provided. Matt Targett looked a top-class left-back. Ollie Watkins looked potentially lethal. Neither was anywhere near as convincing - or had anywhere near the time and space to play - after he left.

His head was in the right place, he was in great physical condition, he was playing with confidence and swagger and joy and aggression and absolutely no fear.

When he left, I made my peace with it. I'm a Villa fan first and a Jack fan second. I want him to succeed except against us. And he left because he wanted and deserved to play at the highest possible level and prove himself against the toughest competition. He was better than us and that hurts but I don't blame him for leaving.

Now I see you've got him hugging the touchline and afraid to lose the ball, and that's sad as hell because with just a little bit of belief and confidence and support he's an incredibly special player.

You're spot on mate, nice to see such a sensible post. Jack's problem is he can't play the game that was so effective at Villa. This is probably a combination of trying to stick to Peps tactics, how teams set up against us and fear inhibiting him. We saw what he can do in flashes against Bayern in the friendly game. He's still a great player it's a case of us trying to fit him into our style and system.

You appear to be addressing points ive not made.

You said

when clearly he didn't, Pep picked him more than any other player bar KDB in the last 6 games.

Yeh, just left him out of th key games. Can’t really say any more than that point emphasises.

He's got vision and football intelligence for days.

At Villa the frustration was our forwards' terrible finishing wasting all the chances he created.

At City it seems the frustration is you think you bought a lightning-fast, line-hugging winger.

anyone who says he is not a good player in the central role should have a look at this video. every single time he moves into the center he creates an opportunity. here he gets stuck up at the wing trying his best frank ribbery impression and failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.