10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing that his previous two performances in preseason friendlies, where it’s widely acknowledged he played well saw about 6 pages added to this thread, yet a fairly innocuous game on Saturday (along with several others) sees the same half dozen bores from last season pile in to add about 20 pages of repetitive shite.

We get it. You don’t rate him, you think he’s a waste of money and it’s his fault we haven’t got a left back.
Look forward to seeing you all fuck off from the thread when the real action starts next week and he starts the season as he ended the last one, with much improved performances that help the team win games.

Hey? He ended the season playing next to no part in the important games??

People are right in wanting more from him, much more.

I doubt many players had much discussion after two totally meaningless friendliest played when most on here were tucked up in bed..

Hey? He ended the season playing next to no part in the important games??

People are right in wanting more from him, much more.

I doubt many players had much discussion after two totally meaningless friendliest played when most on here were tucked up in bed..
In the last 6 games of the season of our attacking players only KDB played more minutes than Grealish (45 more)

He was poor on Saturday but not sure if you could say he was worse than anyone else.

Not sure if I have ever seen a player get this heavily scrutinised before. He's the tabloids dream - they can cook up bullshit about him drinking and going out and they can contrast it with claiming he's underperforming if he isn't playing like Messi every week.

He'll come good. He was instrumental against the rags at home and he ran Real Madrid ragged late on and should have scored before they turned the game around in the second leg of the CL semi. However, him and Cancelo down the left together won't work long time, they just cancel each other out.

I'm rooting for him this season, he is capable of great things if he can find his best form.

In the last 6 games of the season of our attacking players only KDB played more minutes than Grealish (45 more)

He played next to no part vs either Madrid side home or away and was left on the bench at 2-0 vs his old club when a win was imperative.
If you stat is true, he was used in the league games to test the key players for the biggest games.

I think it was telling, when we needed 3 goals in half an hour, we opted for Gundogan.

He played next to no part vs either Madrid side home or away and was left on the bench at 2-0 vs his old club when a win was imperative.
If you stat is true, he was used in the league games to test the key players for the biggest games.

I think it was telling, when we needed 3 goals in half an hour, we opted for Gundogan.

Twist it however you want, the fact is Pep trusted him enough to give him more minutes than any other player barring KDB in the last 6 league games when so much was riding on everyone of those games.

He offered absolutely nothing against Liverpool on Saturday. He got the ball, moved forward, went sideways or backwards then passed the ball, usually backwards. The same as the majority of last season when he played. Mahrez on the other wing wasn't much better but at least he created a little and had a couple of shots. Whenever they both play together we are slow and ponderous. We need speed, quick thinking and movement. As soon as Foden and Alvarez came on things improved considerably. Jack just might not be a fit for us and our system, sometimes that happens. I've no doubt he could go back to Villa and look great again. More responsibility, the main man and a system they don't mind if he loses the ball. Time will give us the answers.

Grealish was part of the reason why Mahrez got some shots.
This was what happened just before Mahrez's one good chance - 1v1 vs Roberson in a very good position in the box.
Grealish cut inside. Now 5 of 7 defenders were on the left. Pass to KDB. Crucially VVD was away now. KDB then passed the ball to Mahrez.

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 17.11.24.png

He finished last season with much improved performances, you could see he was finally getting to grips with the system and what was expected from him.
So really that’s all we should be going off, not friendlies, wherever he was good or bad.
He certainly doesn’t warrant the same people posting the same thing over the last 25 pages when the real football hasn’t even begun.
If he starts at West Ham and has a shocker, fill your boots. Until then it’s plain to see he will never win some over because they just don’t like him, and tbh, I’d rather just stick those types of bores on ignore. They say nothing new or revealing, they may as well copy and paste their shite and just add it once a week as that’s how it reads.
I've seen a few people say that he ended the season well.
In our last 13 league games he made 7 starts, 1 goal and 1 assist.

Heard it at the game. Disgraceful. Especially considering Kdb and cancelo were a million times worse than him. He didn’t offer much and took no risks which is frustrating but probably one of only 1 or 2 on the pitch who wasn’t just punting it into the stands, losing the ball and misplacing passes. Needs to be more direct, less predictable and take some more risks but to slam him when as a whole team we was shite on Saturday is just mad. Like the twat behind me at the game screaming at grealish when he cut back and played an easy pass, whilst then shouting chin up Kev when Kdb lost the ball for the 60th time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.