10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a few people say that he ended the season well.
In our last 13 league games he made 7 starts, 1 goal and 1 assist.
You can be a stats virgin if you wish. He was class against Newcastle, assisted the assist several times and was key in a few of the 5 goals: didn’t walk away with a goal or an assist so he must have been shit. Got us back in the game at West Ham, scored a good goal in the cup semi getting us back into it. Was brilliant against united whilst again not adding to stats but had a great game none the less. A left footed full back overlapping would also help him out no end.

You can be a stats virgin if you wish. He was class against Newcastle, assisted the assist several times and was key in a few of the 5 goals: didn’t walk away with a goal or an assist so he must have been shit. Got us back in the game at West Ham, scored a good goal in the cup semi getting us back into it. Was brilliant against united whilst again not adding to stats but had a great game none the less. A left footed full back overlapping would also help him out no end.
In my opinion if you play in the front 3 of a 433 system then you need to be contributing goals and assists and if he plays there that's what he'll be judged on. I simply don't think he can deliver. He's just not that type of player.
A lot of the good things you have highlighted are attributes you would associate with an 8 and that's the place we'll see the best of him imo.

In my opinion if you play in the front 3 of a 433 system then you need to be contributing goals and assists and if he plays there that's what he'll be judged on. I simply don't think he can deliver. He's just not that type of player.
A lot of the good things you have highlighted are attributes you would associate with an 8 and that's the place we'll see the best of him imo.
That’s the other thing people don’t allow, he was central at Villa and we’ve thrown him on the wing. Also ignoring needing that time to adapt to a much higher level of football and demands. He does need a much better return this season I agree, but players can play well without contributing to a goal or an assist. The problem is people have already given up on him which leads to bell ends like the ones near me at the match being desperate for him to fail, whilst clapping and supporting other players for another misplaced pass.

Twist it however you want, the fact is Pep trusted him enough to give him more minutes than any other player barring KDB in the last 6 league games when so much was riding on everyone of those games.

I don’t need to twist anything. When the big games were being played, other players were getting the nod. If the last game of the season isn’t an indication of his season, then I’m not sure what is.

I don’t need to twist anything. When the big games were being played, other players were getting the nod. If the last game of the season isn’t an indication of his season, then I’m not sure what is.
So the title run in werent all big games? Which game we won in the title run in do you think we could have done without winning?

An 8 for City, isn't were I expect to see him. He simply doesn't have the engine/legs/the intelligence and the vision for it, unfortunately, he doesn't look like he fits anywhere in our team.

He's got vision and football intelligence for days.

At Villa the frustration was our forwards' terrible finishing wasting all the chances he created.

At City it seems the frustration is you think you bought a lightning-fast, line-hugging winger.

So the title run in werent all big games? Which game we won in the title run in do you think we could have done without winning?

The CL Quarters & Semi’s, the last game of the season were the biggest game. As someone posted above he started 7 of the last 13 league games and they were mainly allowing the key players to stay fit.

If you don’t think remaining on the bench can Villa is an indication of how his form was viewed. Then I don’t believe you.

Heard it at the game. Disgraceful. Especially considering Kdb and cancelo were a million times worse than him. He didn’t offer much and took no risks which is frustrating but probably one of only 1 or 2 on the pitch who wasn’t just punting it into the stands, losing the ball and misplacing passes. Needs to be more direct, less predictable and take some more risks but to slam him when as a whole team we was shite on Saturday is just mad. Like the twat behind me at the game screaming at grealish when he cut back and played an easy pass, whilst then shouting chin up Kev when Kdb lost the ball for the 60th time.
However there is one specific difference....
KDB has been outstanding for us over and over again....every player has a bad game here and there.

Grealish has been bang average since he joined and done very little.... 3 assists all last season....

Bernardo Silva had a quite and very innafective first half.....second half better but again he most of the time is a peresistent high performer....Grealish isnt

He's got vision and football intelligence for days.

At Villa the frustration was our forwards' terrible finishing wasting all the chances he created.

At City it seems the frustration is you think you bought a lightning-fast, line-hugging winger.

Do you want him back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.