10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is he. Not a winger. Not a central midfielder. No pace, not particularly hard working - just what you'd expect. Strikes the ball as though he's never seen a football. His technique is abysmal.

Running sideways across the pitch, looking to be knocked over isn't worth spending £100m on.

What is he. Not a winger. Not a central midfielder. No pace, not particularly hard working - just what you'd expect. Strikes the ball as though he's never seen a football. His technique is abysmal.

Running sideways across the pitch, looking to be knocked over isn't worth spending £100m on.
What he is, is a very poor buy

I try my best to get behind players, and I've defended Grealish a tonne, but even though he didn't have a particularly bad game, he just really bugged me today.

He's got a very annoying habit of dribbling it further backwards than he does forwards. Seriously - he gets the ball in the oppo half and then sprints 30 yards down the touchline towards his own goal and passes to Akanji or someone. It's baffling. It comes from his tendency to want to hold onto the ball. He rarely loses it, but it's incredibly tedious when we're trying to make something happen as we just don't progress down the pitch.

His other habit of falling on his arse, and then arguing with oppo players/the ref for 30 seconds is also annoying when we're trying to pick up momentum. He goes down *so* easily. Totally kills the game. Makes it so stop/start, and he did that loads today. It helped Everton make the game a bitty mess. He's a big lad. Stay on your feet ffs.

He seems a nice lad and I thought he'd do well for us after his last season at Villa he looked a good buy, but every time he plays I just wish we spent the 100 million on two dynamic wingers.

That Villa season he played more as a ten but that position hardly exists anymore and doesn't fit the way we play he created so much that season at Villa he was only second to KDB and we just haven't seen it with him on the wing.

We don't play a ten either so he just looks lost on the wing.

We simply will not see anywhere near enough from Jack until he is played (just off) centrally.

He is not a left winger. Never has been. Never will be.

It’s that simple, guys.

Jacks best position hardly exists anymore, his best season at Villa was central playing as a ten he's in that limbo in football like Dybala , James Rodriguez etc where they are not good enough in any other position but a ten. Honestly if we played Jack behind Haaland as a ten he'd be one of the best players in the league, but we can't because we don't play a ten in any of our formations

In a season where almost everyone is underperforming, it seems like Jack is an easy target. I get it.. he was 100M. He hasn’t been great. But come on. We’ve got 370 pages on this guy and a lot less on players who have been just as, if not worse. I hope thé people who are constantly in this thread slating Grealish are also in the other threads.

In a season where almost everyone is underperforming, it seems like Jack is an easy target. I get it.. he was 100M. He hasn’t been great. But come on. We’ve got 370 pages on this guy and a lot less on players who have been just as, if not worse. I hope thé people who are constantly in this thread slating Grealish are also in the other threads.
I think the point is that yes most are underperforming (not everyone as you said) Rodri, Rico, Stones aren't.

But KDB and others have contributed hugely over the years.
Jack hasn't.
He frustrates the shit out of me and v Everton it was obvious that Foden should have been on much earlier.
I think for his sake and ours we should cut our loses.
I'd much rather Phil or Cole play on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.