10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite happy to loose Grealish and Mahrez for a pacy LW that can go past a LB and promote Cole to RW
Management paid £100m and £250+k in wages fos Grealish. Who will buy him? If we were to sell him we would be lucky to get £50m for him. Him and Phillips were expensive buys whose output is hurting us. As for Mahrez he just got a new deal and the only way he goes is fir free or for minimum transfer fee

Just pointless at the moment, he is either totally out of confidence or just was never good enough, I get that he is asked to do a job of hugging the touchline but apart from the very odd few times he manages to beat a player with a decent cross he just doesn't contribute, can't seem to beat the first man most of the time, can't seem to dribble past anyone, doesn't take any shots off that actually get past anyone in front of him, I feel for the lad as he seems a genuinely decent person but it just isn't working for him.
I can’t understand as City fans why we are being subjected to this shit, Pep has said before many times that in the final third it’s not about his coaching it’s all down to the players being brave.

Pep in the past has had electric players like Henry, Etoo, Villa, Sane, Sterling, Foden play out wide but we’ve got this slow as fuck option who never scores.

My anger with the situation and Grealish is perhaps unfair on Jack, he’s just not good enough for that position and is being asked to play it, if we had no other options I’d perhaps understand. It’s almost like we’re handicapping Haaland by not giving him the best support on both wings.

Why Pep is continuing to play Grealish on the left wing and Mahrez in the right is totally baffling. The only thing I can think of is he’s trying to make him the clear number 2 (3rd option) in that position as he’s just not good enough, this makes Foden undroppable or forces the board to spend big on a proper pacey goal scoring front 3 player. I honestly don’t know as that doesn’t make sense but this shit needs to stop pronto, but like it or lump it we’re stuck with Jack until the end of his contract due to his huge salary and fee.

I hope Pep is as pissed off as us fans and sees that Jack simply isn’t good enough to play front 3 for an elite club, would Pep have played him in the front 3 for Barca, would he fuck!

The signing of Jack is playing out as our worst signing since the takeover

I think the point is that yes most are underperforming (not everyone as you said) Rodri, Rico, Stones aren't.

But KDB and others have contributed hugely over the years.
Jack hasn't.
He frustrates the shit out of me and v Everton it was obvious that Foden should have been on much earlier.
I think for his sake and ours we should cut our loses.
I'd much rather Phil or Cole play on the left.
Could any of the CFG clubs, say New York sign him for say 80M from us, he’d be a star for them. I fear that were stuck with him unfortunately and he’ll be a bit part squad player, but at least he’ll be good for our English quota. Looking back he’ll be remembered as our biggest transfer mistake ever.

If Utd or Liverpool had paid £100 million for grealish with the same performances we’d be ripping the piss out of them . Let’s face it he has been a failure for the amount paid and he can’t be happy either . If we can get £50 million for him I’d get rid .
Correct, unfortunately.

We simply will not see anywhere near enough from Jack until he is played (just off) centrally.

He is not a left winger. Never has been. Never will be.

It’s that simple, guys.
If that's the case then he shouldn't at present be anywhere near the starting 11. Every other player that we have that can play centrally has a far better skill set in that area than Grealish.

I can’t understand as City fans why we are being subjected to this shit, Pep has said before many times that in the final third it’s not about his coaching it’s all down to the players being brave.

Pep in the past has had electric players like Henry, Etoo, Villa, Sane, Sterling, Foden play out wide but we’ve got this slow as fuck option who never scores.

My anger with the situation and Grealish is perhaps unfair on Jack, he’s just not good enough for that position and is being asked to play it, if we had no other options I’d perhaps understand. It’s almost like we’re handicapping Haaland by not giving him the best support on both wings.

Why Pep is continuing to play Grealish on the left wing and Mahrez in the right is totally baffling. The only thing I can think of is he’s trying to make him the clear number 2 (3rd option) in that position as he’s just not good enough, this makes Foden undroppable or forces the board to spend big on a proper pacey goal scoring front 3 player. I honestly don’t know as that doesn’t make sense but this shit needs to stop pronto, but like it or lump it we’re stuck with Jack until the end of his contract due to his huge salary and fee.

I hope Pep is as pissed off as us fans and sees that Jack simply isn’t good enough to play front 3 for an elite club, would Pep have played him in the front 3 for Barca, would he fuck!

The signing of Jack is playing out as our worst signing since the takeover

Eliaquim enjoys this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.