10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
no because both of them have played as a winger before in their career. jack was used like a midfielder at aston villa. he has never been like a traditional winger. this becomes a issue when we play parked bus
Neither are wingers though that's the point.
Zinchenko wasn't a left back but he was moreceffective in that position yhan Grealish is in his.
He simply isn't at the level needed and hasn't been since he arrived.

Simply not good enough, a huge waste of money and taking time and opportunities away from better players.

Would he be a regular front 3 starter for Arsenal, Liverpool, PSG, Bayern or Madrid? I think we all know the answer to this, so why is he continually being picked ahead of Foden, Bernardo, Alvarez and Palmer?

It pains me but Sterling and Jesus are both better players in a front 3, they were pushed out by bringing Grealish in when he wasn’t required.

I’d be happier with Grealish in the middle 3 centrally as he doesn’t have the ability to score goals and add value in our front 3

He's now a paid up member of the frustrating club including Mahrez & Sterling.
Sterling though frustrating at times contributed greatly....grealish doesn't.
The frustrating thing either mahrez is that if he had a better temperament/ spine he would be a world beater...but he goes missing far too often and doesn't have the aggression / drive necessary

Simply not good enough, a huge waste of money and taking time and opportunities away from better players.

Would he be a regular front 3 starter for Arsenal, Liverpool, PSG, Bayern or Madrid? I think we all know the answer to this, so why is he continually being picked ahead of Foden, Bernardo, Alvarez and Palmer?

It pains me but Sterling and Jesus are both better players in a front 3, they were pushed out by bringing Grealish in when he wasn’t required.

I’d be happier with Grealish in the middle 3 centrally as he doesn’t have the ability to score goals and add value in our front 3

It's a fucking disgrace that City's management team don't have your knowledge, experience and judgement, especially in the transfer market .

I bet you were arguing against the transfer of Sterling when he was such a brilliant asset, and was always 100% behind Jesus when he wasn't scoring .

It's a fucking disgrace that City's management team don't have your knowledge, experience and judgement, especially in the transfer market .

I bet you were arguing against the transfer of Sterling when he was such a brilliant asset, and was always 100% behind Jesus when he wasn't scoring .

Yes I was, I actually created a thread about how Jesus was statistically our best forward from assist and goal perspective and how his work rate was underrated by most fans

Sterling and Jesus pushed out by bringing Grealish? What is this??

Raz had been offered an contract extension but he refused to sign it long before Grealish was linked to City. So what should management do? Of course we can argue if Grealish is the best fit ( IMO not the best fit).

Jesus was replaced by our new number 9 Haaland and Alvarez. Jesus stated said he wants to play as a number 9.

Last edited:
I try my best to get behind players, and I've defended Grealish a tonne, but even though he didn't have a particularly bad game, he just really bugged me today.

He's got a very annoying habit of dribbling it further backwards than he does forwards. Seriously - he gets the ball in the oppo half and then sprints 30 yards down the touchline towards his own goal and passes to Akanji or someone. It's baffling. It comes from his tendency to want to hold onto the ball. He rarely loses it, but it's incredibly tedious when we're trying to make something happen as we just don't progress down the pitch.

His other habit of falling on his arse, and then arguing with oppo players/the ref for 30 seconds is also annoying when we're trying to pick up momentum. He goes down *so* easily. Totally kills the game. Makes it so stop/start, and he did that loads today. It helped Everton make the game a bitty mess. He's a big lad. Stay on your feet ffs.

I try my best to get behind players, and I've defended Grealish a tonne, but even though he didn't have a particularly bad game, he just really bugged me today.

He's got a very annoying habit of dribbling it further backwards than he does forwards. Seriously - he gets the ball in the oppo half and then sprints 30 yards down the touchline towards his own goal and passes to Akanji or someone. It's baffling. It comes from his tendency to want to hold onto the ball. He rarely loses it, but it's incredibly tedious when we're trying to make something happen as we just don't progress down the pitch.

His other habit of falling on his arse, and then arguing with oppo players/the ref for 30 seconds is also annoying when we're trying to pick up momentum. He goes down *so* easily. Totally kills the game. Makes it so stop/start, and he did that loads today. It helped Everton make the game a bitty mess. He's a big lad. Stay on your feet ffs.
When he goes on those runs back towards our centre halves he seems to get a bit of speed up too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.