10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep looks has developed new found obsession to sign English players. This obsession has already put £140m hole in squad so far when we still have critical holes to fill

Peps got previous for it at Bayern and Barca he'd sign the best German and Spanish talent first if he could get them.

Looking at our first choice transfer targets wed have nearly a full English eleven right now if Pep got all his first choices.

Its also worrying that we might go for Maddison. Same thing Pep said about Jack in press conferences he's saying about Maddison hopefully Pep hasn't got an obsession with him to

Clips from his Villa days.

Very very clearly playing centrally with the freedom to roam both left and right. At no point is he playing as a hug the touchline left winger some of you seem to think he was whilst at Villa.

Look at him in these clips. Fucking excellent player. Plenty of positivity and plenty of end product.

Genuinely cannot get my head round why we are playing him in a position / way that just isn’t “him”.

Whilst in theory we claim to have improved him as a player, lol. He must be gutted himself at how bad he looks in our team.

How did villa use jack? We seem to be complaining he's shite on the wing or a shite finisher, but I don't recall him being either a striker or a winger?

How did villa use jack? We seem to be complaining he's shite on the wing or a shite finisher, but I don't recall him being either a striker or a winger?
He certainly never hugged a touchline, he will have had a half decent left footed left back playing outside of him, that’s the key that we don’t see in this current set up.

He was basically a free spirit at Villa, deployed in any of the three positions behind the striker. A combination of rigid coaching and being starstruck look to have completely stunted his game. It's a shame, but it looks like he doesn't have what it takes to make the step up.

He was basically a free spirit at Villa, deployed in any of the three positions behind the striker. A combination of rigid coaching and being starstruck look to have completely stunted his game. It's a shame, but it looks like he doesn't have what it takes to make the step up.
Maybe we should be playing two up front (Haaland+either Alvarez/grealish) in a freer role? Can't see baldy going 442 though

Have a look at the montage I posted earlier today mate.

Basically his starting position was left midfield but he had the freedom to operate anywhere across the pitch in behind the forwards.

In our team he is asked to operate as a touch line hugging left winger ie in the Sane role, which is obviously not his thing.

Does my nut in because he’s absolutely brilliant when played as he was at Villa.

The Villa fans must watch him for us and shake their heads with a collective WTF face.

Maybe we should be playing two up front (Haaland+either Alvarez/grealish) in a freer role? Can't see baldy going 442 though
Not a bad shout, but I don't think Jack has the killer instincts to play so advanced. On paper our best front three, hands down, is Foden/Haaland/Alvarez. I accept football isn't played on paper but he's supposed to be the best manager in the world, so he needs to get this front three working and stick to it. Continuity is key at this stage. We can't keep chopping and changing the front three and back four and expect smooth results.

Get back to 433, get the best players on the pitch, and let's retain this league.

I will agree if he plays a significant amount of games in the prem and CL. If he is a carabao/FA cup player then we should have kept Lavia and integrated him more.
If Southampton were, as they are, bottom of the PL, but Lavia had never been part of our academy and you found out we were signing him for £40m next summer, would you be pleased? I don't think so.

Your opinion on Grealish is your opinion but come on, "Subjected to this shit", "worst signing since the takeover". We've just won the league with Grealish in the squad, playing regularly at that. Do you have any idea how spoiled you sound? Have you forgotten where we've come from? Do you remember the likes of Santa Cruz, Wayne Bridge, Wilfried Bony, or how shite Boateng and Savic were when they were here?
That’s fair enough but £ for £ he is one of, if not the worst signing.
We won the league and Jack was in squad, we never won it because of Jack.
Boateng decent, I still remember him running down the right wing on his debut and being wowed, unfortunately he got injured by an air stewardess and was allowed to go to Bayern. Savic was a good player, I liked him. Wayne Bridge was competition for Clichy and Roque was also a decent player but nowhere near the huge outlay Jack was.
Bony was garbage but did he not catch Malaria straight after he signed for us, he was the wrong signing and I was one of the ones shouting loudest he was t the player we should sign. Mates with YaYa though?

Jack cost 100M FFS, we must demand much much more

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.