10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s fair enough but £ for £ he is one of, if not the worst signing.
We won the league and Jack was in squad, we never won it because of Jack.
Boateng decent, I still remember him running down the right wing on his debut and being wowed, unfortunately he got injured by an air stewardess and was allowed to go to Bayern. Savic was a good player, I liked him. Wayne Bridge was competition for Clichy and Roque was also a decent player but nowhere near the huge outlay Jack was.
Bony was garbage but did he not catch Malaria straight after he signed for us, he was the wrong signing and I was one of the ones shouting loudest he was t the player we should sign. Mates with YaYa though?

Jack cost 100M FFS, we must demand much much more
Fair play, mate. If you're defending the City careers of Bony and Savic then you must be really committed to your negativity towards Grealish. You also seem to think Bridge was competition for Clichy when the two were never part of the same City squad.

Besides, the fee is irrelevant. Adjusted for inflation, Bony would have cost us £32m, Santa Cruz would have cost us £23m, and that's only by the standards of the Bank of England. Can you imagine how much we'd have to pay for Bony in this market after scoring 25+ goals in a calendar year for a mid-table PL side? £50m? £60m?

As I've said before in this thread, we didn't pay £100m for Grealish because we thought he was going to be the best player in England or anything like that. We paid £100m because Pep wanted Grealish for the 25-man squad and that's what Villa charged. Once he's here, the fee is immaterial.

Would also love to know how you think we'd have won the league without Grealish's goal at West Ham to get us back in the game.

Fair play, mate. If you're defending the City careers of Bony and Savic then you must be really committed to your negativity towards Grealish. You also seem to think Bridge was competition for Clichy when the two were never part of the same City squad.

Besides, the fee is irrelevant. Adjusted for inflation, Bony would have cost us £32m, Santa Cruz would have cost us £23m, and that's only by the standards of the Bank of England. Can you imagine how much we'd have to pay for Bony in this market after scoring 25+ goals in a calendar year for a mid-table PL side? £50m? £60m?

As I've said before in this thread, we didn't pay £100m for Grealish because we thought he was going to be the best player in England or anything like that. We paid £100m because Pep wanted Grealish for the 25-man squad and that's what Villa charged. Once he's here, the fee is immaterial.

Would also love to know how you think we'd have won the league without Grealish's goal at West Ham to get us back in the game.
Bob, my memory ain’t perfect that’s for sure, I wasn’t defending Bony. I do think our expectations are higher now than they were in 2008, 2009 and 2010 though, no?
We’re also dining at the top table now not taking scraps from Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

If you pay 100M imho you should be signing the very best, absolute elite players, I never thought Jack was ever in this category and you can go through his transfer thread at the time, I was fairly vocal about not believing he was the player we should have been looking for. I always back him when he’s on the pitch but I think he should be on it a lot less in our front 3, he’s not good enough for that position for our current requirements/ expectations

We have much better players who should be playing in that position, our very own Phil Foden for one! Ask yourself why the red shirted media aren’t complaining he ain’t playing now, I’ll give you a clue it’s because we are a much worse team with Grealish playing instead of Foden.

Last edited:

So many forgotten that Grealish Goal against West Ham, without it we maybe not winning anything last season.

So many forgotten that Grealish Goal against West Ham, without it we maybe not winning anything last season.

That’s a daft thing to say though. He scored so few goals, what makes you think say if Foden or anyone for that matter took his position that day that they wouldn’t have scored that day?
It wasn’t a worldy of a goal or a goal specific to Grealish’s skill set.

There’s also a huge counter argument to this, much like there is to the Dickov Wembley goal. Had Grealish been returning the numbers you’d expect for a player in an attacking role for us, then we’d not have been in that position in the first place..

Maybe we should try a 4-2-3-1 formation. If Pep continues to want to play him, play him behind Haaland in that formation. Worth a try

The criticism is the same shit Gundo got and many players before him until those players had a positional change. I think we can all agree that Grealish should be played more centrally and leave phil to play left. Only when that happens will we see the best version of this player. Jack in the middle with kdb and Rodri is needed. Play Bernie and have Phil wide.

Pep would need to make the change. If Jack is to play it must not be out wide.

Its clearly not working. The only issue I see is that would mean no Gundo or Bernie in the middle but both players are not exactly setting the world alight this season. Maybe seniority plays a role? Either way this hounding stops once that move is made. Time to let the 100m player step up and take over a more senior role.

This is the frustration of Grealish, he's just far too inconsistent with his performances . Two assists against Leeds whilst not playing brilliantly, then utter shite yesterday against Everton. That's why Pep will never give him a long run in the team.
I personally think he'll be sold in the summer for half of what we paid for him, he's just not good enough

This is the frustration of Grealish, he's just far too inconsistent with his performances . Two assists against Leeds whilst not playing brilliantly, then utter shite yesterday against Everton. That's why Pep will never give him a long run in the team.
I personally think he'll be sold in the summer for half of what we paid for him, he's just not good enough
Tbf though mate he was shite for 90% of the Leeds game and Haaland did the majority of the work coupled with a class KDB ball for one of his ‘assists’

So yea not wanted to slate him for slating him reasons but taking them away his overall game was as ineffective as it was yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.