10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, I’m quite certain Philips is an English midfielder is he not?

Anyhow, that’s not what you posted my friend. Benchmark for ‘an alright squad player’ was the phrase you used, so just accept that you’ve posted some nonsense & move on bud :)
Not really ..some think he's great..i just think he's not bad either but nothing more than that. Put it this way if he was,n't in our squad for a year..would be missed as a character but would not leave a gaping hole player wise

Not really ..some think he's great..i just think he's not bad either but nothing more than that. Put it this way if he was,n't in our squad for a year..would be missed as a character but would not leave a gaping hole player wise
I don't know how you can say that if you consider our other options on the left wing.

No Grealish probably means it's Foden's spot, which means Phil doesn't ever play on the right or in the middle, where everyone prefers him. Back-up from Palmer, who absolutely isn't a left winger either. Or maybe you play Cancelo or Gomez in an advanced position, risking our already weak left-back cover (what are you going to do if one of them gets injured?).

I'm assuming in your scenario we get someone new who can play that position well.

Which is to say - no, we probably wouldn't miss him on the pitch if we replaced him with someone of similar quality in the same position. But surely the same can be said of anyone.

I don't know how you can say that if you consider our other options on the left wing.

No Grealish probably means it's Foden's spot, which means Phil doesn't ever play on the right or in the middle, where everyone prefers him. Back-up from Palmer, who absolutely isn't a left winger either. Or maybe you play Cancelo or Gomez in an advanced position, risking our already weak left-back cover (what are you going to do if one of them gets injured?).

I'm assuming in your scenario we get someone new who can play that position well.

Which is to say - no, we probably wouldn't miss him on the pitch if we replaced him with someone of similar quality in the same position. But surely the same can be said of anyone.
Never said he shouldn't play..... probably best we can muster in tgat position...pretty sorry state odmf affairs thats all. I mean last night was the norm TBF...just about average in a poorly performing team.

And yet he played more than Mahrez, Gundogan, Walker and Stones.

Go figure !

BTW it’s the squad that wins not your view of a first eleven.
Mate i said he probanly should play..but only because he is marginally better not because he is some football genius!

He's just not good enough. He's a really likeable person and I'm sure he's great around the dressing room but ultimately he plays in the front three, his job is to score goals and provide assists and he does neither. He can't beat a man, he's not great at pressing, and he doesn't have anywhere near the goal threat.

The price tag is irrelevant because he's not performing like a £25m player nevermind a £100m player. Ferran Torres often got criticized and he put up far better numbers. We could play Gundogan on the left wing and he'd offer more in terms of threat.

And yet he played more than Mahrez, Gundogan, Walker and Stones.

Go figure !

BTW it’s the squad that wins not your view of a first eleven.
Mate i said he probanly should play..but only because he is marginally better not because he is some football genius. We have pretty average wide players
.Mahrez aside..Foden's fallen off tge cliff..cancelo used to be my fave player to watch..looks like he is playing with some internal deamons..whats happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.