10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes playing well. Hes running at defenders, getting them on the back foot and rarely gives the ball away

Really hoping he gets a run of games to really build that confidence as he seems to strive on it

Next step is pulling that trigger more effectively

so many times yesterday his dangerous position came to nothing because he had no support in the form of a overlapping fullback. it was one against 2 or 3. with a full back he can easily find more space to drive inside or play it to the byline for the fullback to cross.

It's not, he's just incredibly indecisive when it comes to making the last action. Similar to Sterling, he seems to be more of a reactive dribbler rather than a proactive one.

That's a confidence thing and not a system thing. You can see him right now improving game by game and once he's in full flow I think this whole "the system is holding him back" thing will die off, finally.
He is definitely never a good finisher. But his passing and decision making was all right at his time at Villa and England. I reckon that it might be he did not worry about making the wrong decision there because he was more trusted. It can be improved over the time.

It's not, he's just incredibly indecisive when it comes to making the last action. Similar to Sterling, he seems to be more of a reactive dribbler rather than a proactive one.

That's a confidence thing and not a system thing. You can see him right now improving game by game and once he's in full flow I think this whole "the system is holding him back" thing will die off, finally.
Good post. I gave him the first season but was ready to write him off recently. Last few games have brought me back, hes been so much better and last night he was driving at the full back so much more.

BUT! There is still more. dead right on him being indecisive. He dribbles in to a very dangerous area and it just needs the final ball but he hesitates and doesnt seem to know whether to go left or right and loses the space and then just kicks it hoping for the best which usually gets a corner.

if he can work out that final piece he will be dynamite.

look at mahrez action for the third goal as an example. He knew when Perisic committed what he was going to do. Jack doesnt seem to have a plan.

Last edited:
I've legit never seen him run this fast.

Why doesn't he try to make runs behind lol, I've always thought of him as kind of slow.
It's only possible to think of him as slow if you never watched him at Villa. He's dropped his pace at City due to Pep's tactics (emphasising control) and his own lack of confidence (settling into the team etc). Hopefully Pep lets him off the leash. If he does, Jack's pace and directness will improve game upon game. He was unlucky not to get at least an assist last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.