10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's always been a great player. He was always going to need a full season to adapt. Playing for Villa and Man City couldn't be more different for a hundred reasons. There are few players like him in world football who can do what he's great at.

He has been playing well since he signed. He's just looking more aggressive these days. That's the only difference.
Deluded. He is playing better but not a high benchmark. Not unhappy when he is picked but never think of him as a great influencer. A 'decent,' squad player. I always put club before an individual. 18 months of mediocrity with occasional flashes. Enjoyed some of his risky plays (even though not always successful) in recent games. Puts paid to the myth that Pep doesn't want him to do that. Needs to go up a few levels yet or do you think he has now reached his potential?

Last edited:
Still find him underwhelming. Countless times he has his fullback 1 on 1 and I think the shot on target in the first half was the only time he went past him. Should be offering so much more for £100m. Effort is a given but should he contributing more in terms of creating chances or fashioning something for himself.

The big thing I kept saying he lacked all last season and most of this, was aggression in his game.

He played like his off-pitch personality comes across as… nice! But that’s no good in a sport like football. You can’t have nice lads on the pitch.

Since that cameo at Chelsea he’s seemed to find some aggressiveness from somewhere and it’s made the world of difference. Great to see. A good start to 2023 for him.

There are a few things now that must be worked on: maintaining that aggression and then finding an end-product from somewhere.

He’s like the complete opposite of Sterling - dead tidy on the ball all the way up to the last thing he does; whereas I always found Sterling a tough watch on the ball all the way up until he came up with an assist or banged one in the net. Imagine ever finding a player who had the best of both!

But maintain the ‘umph’ and start finding some goals and better quality crossing and he’ll become a cracking player.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was bought, and is deployed, as an attacking player. But for me he just doesn’t have that killer instinct or good enough final ball. He keeps it well, don’t get me wrong, but he spends more time going backwards with it then he does actually running at the opposition goal. So many one on ones not really resulting in much.

Good player, and to his credit he’s improved this season, but we could do so much better for that left side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.