10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed some of his risky plays (even though not always successful) in recent games. Puts paid to the myth that Pep doesn't want him to do that. Needs to go up a few levels yet or do you think he has now reached his potential?

IMO Ake as LB and Lewis as a RB helps here.

When Lewis plays as an inverted RB, he enables Rodri to pay more attention on the defensive/attacking work on the left hand side.

Ake is not as good attacking as Cancelo or Zinchenko. But he usually takes a safer position behind to give Grealish protection - which gives Grealish more confidence and less worry going forward.

It is a chemistry thing. Today's team and the team against Spurs seem to be the best chemistry at the moment.

Last edited:
Needs to improve on his 1v1 output and then we have a serious player. About a 7/10 at the moment. Heads for cover but look what rashford is doing over the road.

Haaland’s first goal today is the epitome of what Pep wants from Grealish and Mahrez - draw men to you and lay it back for somebody to whip the ball in. It worked a great in 2018/19 with Bernardo on the wing too.

The issue is, Mahrez has KDB to lay it off to and Grealish has…nobody who can whip in a left footed cross with as much danger so as a result his side always seems a little blunt unless he is aggressive and goes at his man.

I’ve done a 180 on him recently, though. I was getting bored of seeing him getting it and giving it backwards but the past month or so it’s felt like there’s a bit of purpose to him/it. Whether it’s because he’s mixed it up a few times so it’s not as samey for 90 minutes I don’t know. He just seems a lot more dangerous, more often when he gets it.

Great effort and desire but still so disappointing in the final third, he always gives defenders time to block or cut out his crosses/shots.

clear improvement but still trying to blast in a shot, over placement. Had loads of shots saved this season, and I think just a little more care and placement will turn some of those into goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.