10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm of the opinion who ever sanctioned the 100m transfer fee, reported 30m agents fee, and a 6 year contract at 350k a week was at the time.
there is no one person who does that. there are probably about 100 people who work as a team. we are not run like the rags where few people make decisions on a whim. we are run by statistics and financial analysts and scientists and scouts and managers who work together.

there is no one person who does that. there are probably about 100 people who work as a team. we are not run like the rags where few people make decisions on a whim. we are run by statistics and financial analysts and scientists and scouts and managers who work together.
And yet someone will have the final say. Or do you think all 100 of these people have access to the club's coffers to send money to other football clubs.

Scouts and scientists don't negotiate transfers or player contracts.

Last edited:
so you are of the opinion the entire football management team including the board at our club are on drugs?
I totally get you love everything Jack Grealish but trying to defend the 100m fee is plain silly.

At 100m he was crazily overpriced, that's a fact but he is a player our manger wanted, so the club went and got him.

But the fact remains he is simply not a 100m level footballer.

When paying that much you need to be a game changer, capable of winning a game with a moment of brilliance, I am sorry but Grealish is not at that level, very good player but not anywhere near a worldie for me.

Pep and the club's decision-makers wanted him. They were willing to spend 100m on him, in a Summer where they were also looking to spend even more on Kane.

He was a luxury signing in the sense that he wasn't really plugging a gap. We weren't assessing alternatives or lining up who we'd get if we couldn't get him. We would have done without.

But - a player Pep loves, with a release clause that was due to expire. It was a case of spending 100m last summer or potentially never getting him, because he wouldn't have forced a move from Villa and their owners are rich enough to refuse.

In that context it was hard for him to land with a splash. The fans were crying out for a striker, not an inverted winger.

But, he's been learning his role - which is quite different to what was expected of him at Villa - and he's been improving. Pep still loves him. The dressing room loves him. And he's getting the game time he needs to grow more into the side.

I'll judge his value when he leaves. Who knows what might happen in the interim.

I thought he played well enough on Sunday. People say he doesn't take enough risks. He doesn't need to due to the quality of the players around him.

Pep and the club's decision-makers wanted him. They were willing to spend 100m on him, in a Summer where they were also looking to spend even more on Kane.

He was a luxury signing in the sense that he wasn't really plugging a gap. We weren't assessing alternatives or lining up who we'd get if we couldn't get him. We would have done without.

But - a player Pep loves, with a release clause that was due to expire. It was a case of spending 100m last summer or potentially never getting him, because he wouldn't have forced a move from Villa and their owners are rich enough to refuse.

In that context it was hard for him to land with a splash. The fans were crying out for a striker, not an inverted winger.

But, he's been learning his role - which is quite different to what was expected of him at Villa - and he's been improving. Pep still loves him. The dressing room loves him. And he's getting the game time he needs to grow more into the side.

I'll judge his value when he leaves. Who knows what might happen in the interim.
Yes fair points, the fans were crying out for a striker at the time and to a lesser extent a LB (still do) so to splash 100m on Jack for me was simply unnecessary in my opinion, people point to the fact that we won the Prem with him and that's true but we all know what Pep and the owners really don't we... and sadly will never know if could have achieved that with the top Striker in the side against Madrid, but this season......well its different isn't it ?? :)
This is Jack's chance to shine, he needs to take it now !!

Last edited:
We bought Haaland, Alvarez and Grealish for 166m.
We bought Bernardo, Gundo and Torres for less than the price of Pogba.

Sometimes we will pay more than expected and other times less.

If you can get into your head that this is a team game, a long-term project, and that the club is a combination of sporting and business, then the fee for Jack is immaterial. All that matters, is the business and sporting achievement - and we deliver, year after year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.