10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought Haaland, Alvarez and Grealish for 166m.
We bought Bernardo, Gundo and Torres for less than the price of Pogba.

Sometimes we will pay more than expected and other times less.

If you can get into your head that this is a team game, a long-term project, and that the club is a combination of sporting and business, then the fee for Jack is immaterial. All that matters, is the business and sporting achievement - and we deliver, year after year.
The same people saying how great it is we ‘underpaid’ for haaland moan about over paying for grealish

I must admit, i am very new to this place, and i hardly understand the hate that Jack is getting.

Pep is the obsessive, control-freak in world football.

This is usually transmitted to the players, by position, attacking move, probably even the position they fuck their missus.

This has been factually proven by his ex players, and current crop of players.

I see the purchase of Jack as necessary for many reasons. he is a very talented footballer, a great squad player, and a good image booster as an English man.

The fee which seems to irk a lot of people can be boiled down to, City Tax, Premier League Tax, English Tax, post Euro Tax, all combined into one. If Leicester has charged 80 million for Harry Maguire, then 20+ million for Jack is understandable.

I expect Jack, to undergo a lot of education, and it will take a while, which is why, you won't see him running around like a deer in the headlights. I expect his game to change, but in time, and i expect us as a fan base to give him that time.

It ain't easy to play in the PL, harder to play for City, even harder to play for Pep.

I must admit, i am very new to this place, and i hardly understand the hate that Jack is getting.

Pep is the obsessive, control-freak in world football.

This is usually transmitted to the players, by position, attacking move, probably even the position they fuck their missus.

This has been factually proven by his ex players, and current crop of players.

I see the purchase of Jack as necessary for many reasons. he is a very talented footballer, a great squad player, and a good image booster as an English man.

The fee which seems to irk a lot of people can be boiled down to, City Tax, Premier League Tax, English Tax, post Euro Tax, all combined into one. If Leicester has charged 80 million for Harry Maguire, then 20+ million for Jack is understandable.

I expect Jack, to undergo a lot of education, and it will take a while, which is why, you won't see him running around like a deer in the headlights. I expect his game to change, but in time, and i expect us as a fan base to give him that time.

It ain't easy to play in the PL, harder to play for City, even harder to play for Pep.
Respect what you say, but there was NO City Tax, no premier league tax, no English tax on this deal, we simply paid his release clause.

Aston Villa were clever they put a clause in his contract that they probably never dreamed any club would pay, they were wrong and lost their star man.

But there simply were no taxes or variables, it was our call.

For me, the fee is irrelevant

What matters is what the player does on the pitch and off the pitch (to a certain extent)

On the pitch, he hasnt delivered in my opinion. For me he was the most inaffective player of our whole senior squad last season....yes there were a few good moments but the rest was decidedly average by comparrison to the rest of the team.
Yes there is a good argument to say it was his first year and that some players take time to adapt to Peps systems of play - that reasoning however no longer carries any weight/relevance now he has had a full pre season and is into this season.
He will have plenty of game time to impress and he needs to as we cannot afford passengers in this squad.....

As others have pointed out, at the end of this season we will probably lose Gundogan and Bernardo Silva (if he doesnt leave before that) plus an ageing KDB. If Grealish doesnt improve (and of course he may well do) the club will have big decisions to make on both how we replace those 3 and what to do with Grealish as on current performance (taking into account all the caveats mentioned) he isnt good enough and nowhere near - the question is can he be good enough.....ability wise and attitude/application wise and there (for me) are questions around both areas.

If u laugh about Sancho costing the clowns from the other side 70M then u should laugh about us paying 100M for Grealish. Especially when the former is younger and has a higher upside - but whatever .
I remember a lot of the people on here defending a 100m player, that needs a year to settle were slaughtering Rodri weeks after signing him for 68m.

If Grealish turns out to be 1/2 the player of Rodri, he and us will have done well.

I remember a lot of the people on here defending a 100m player, that needs a year to settle were slaughtering Rodri weeks after signing him for 68m.

If Grealish turns out to be 1/2 the player of Rodri, he and us will have done well.
Actually, Rodri is a great example of a player that people were very wrong about, as were Mahrez, Gundogan and many others. It's a forum, so opinion is the spine that runs through it, but sometimes, and we know it, there are players who are targeted, for months, by certain individuals. Poor performances are, naturally, criticised, but good performances are rarely acknowledged, or are damned with faint praise and a 'needs to keep that up' caveat. At the same time, poor performance by forum favourites are ignored.

What is wonderful about having the manager we have, apart from the success he brings, is that he knows that the team is all. He knows that a team of soloists does not deliver and I have watched Jack, many many times, when he has come 'back inside' , as some would criticise here, drag three players with him and completely open up the space for others to do their work. Personally, I do not care about the transfer fee and I believe he is making a valuable contribution to the team. We are champions and no team are champions with poor players having such key roles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.