10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are on here commenting when you didn't actually even see him play.

By spectacular I am referring to him taking on and beating lots of players, which he has shown he can do, as can Little Phil, but Pep get players to limit how much they do that, in favour of an extra pass...

Jack keeps the ball well, still wins plenty of freekicks, and is playing good passes. He's simply playing like a City player and good enough for City does win you things.

Pep himself recently commented Jack was brought here to help us win things and he won the Premier League with us. He was also damned unlucky not to personally seal a trip to another UCL final for us.
No I said watched the highlights and thought there were some positives. ....strange how you interpreted that bit.

As Ive said about Grealish, Ive not seen him do anything that any average player cannot do and at a pro level should be doing every game routinely.......the likes of KDB, Bernardo, Gundogan, Foden (and others past and present) etc regularly win you games...Grealish doesnt - he is a step lower than those players

I also think Pep wants players to drive forward, be positive, take chances in the final third and not just give simple passes ...wev'e seen the documentaries where he says these very things....

The winning free kicks bit has bothered me before he even joined...for me its not a useful metric to judge the effectiveness of any player.....lets face it....when all players (at any team) are winning free kicks (any player not just Grealish), part of the time they are going to ground far to easy because they know they could lose the ball so are playing for the foul.....its a part of the game I understand this but its not one I personally like....People use to regularly praise Aguero for instance for always staying on his feet (or trying to) whereas Sterling use to get pelters for "diving" even before he came to us. We criticise rag players (rightfully so) all the time for it. This is an element of Grealish's game (personally) I dislike. David Silva was probably fouled more than any player but rarely got them cause he stayed on his feet. He was kicked from pillar to post every game he played and never got half the free kicks he should have done because he stayed on his feet.....but also was a far far superior player for it in retaining possession and being creative.

All the players are brought here to help us win things so Peps comments on that and on Grealish being brought to the club could be said and should and is said of any player.

It did last season
Was it becuase of him

For instance...take KDB out for a season...do we have more or less chance of winning the league. - I think everyone would say less chance of winning..Im not saying we dont win it but Im saying we would have a reduced chance of it

Take Grealish out of the team do we have less more or the same chance of winning the league - Id say the same chance of winning the league

So you are on here commenting when you didn't actually even see him play.

By spectacular I am referring to him taking on and beating lots of players, which he has shown he can do, as can Little Phil, but Pep get players to limit how much they do that, in favour of an extra pass...

Jack keeps the ball well, still wins plenty of freekicks, and is playing good passes. He's simply playing like a City player and good enough for City does win you things.

Pep himself recently commented Jack was brought here to help us win things and he won the Premier League with us. He was also damned unlucky not to personally seal a trip to another UCL final for us.
He also personally let carvajal whip in a cross for the goal which knocked us out.

Was it becuase of him
It was because of him & every other player who played or trained with the first team squad, all the backroom staff & the board mate

I really dislike any digging out of individuals when the team is winning. He’s part of a team which keeps winning, therefore, he must be good enough to fit into the team, regardless of what you think of him as an individual player & what you would like to see him do more or less of

Team game mate unless of course you play in Trafford ;)

No I said watched the highlights and thought there were some positives. ....strange how you interpreted that bit.

As Ive said about Grealish, Ive not seen him do anything that any average player cannot do and at a pro level should be doing every game routinely.......the likes of KDB, Bernardo, Gundogan, Foden (and others past and present) etc regularly win you games...Grealish doesnt - he is a step lower than those players

I also think Pep wants players to drive forward, be positive, take chances in the final third and not just give simple passes ...wev'e seen the documentaries where he says these very things....

The winning free kicks bit has bothered me before he even joined...for me its not a useful metric to judge the effectiveness of any player.....lets face it....when all players (at any team) are winning free kicks (any player not just Grealish), part of the time they are going to ground far to easy because they know they could lose the ball so are playing for the foul.....its a part of the game I understand this but its not one I personally like....People use to regularly praise Aguero for instance for always staying on his feet (or trying to) whereas Sterling use to get pelters for "diving" even before he came to us. We criticise rag players (rightfully so) all the time for it. This is an element of Grealish's game (personally) I dislike. David Silva was probably fouled more than any player but rarely got them cause he stayed on his feet. He was kicked from pillar to post every game he played and never got half the free kicks he should have done because he stayed on his feet.....but also was a far far superior player for it in retaining possession and being creative.

All the players are brought here to help us win things so Peps comments on that and on Grealish being brought to the club could be said and should and is said of any player.

Honestly bored now. You keep crticising, while Pep keeps picking him.

It was because of him & every other player who played or trained with the first team squad, all the backroom staff & the board mate

I really dislike any digging out of individuals when the team is winning. He’s part of a team which keeps winning, therefore, he must be good enough to fit into the team, regardless of what you think of him as an individual player & what you would like to see him do more or less of

Team game mate unless of course you play in Trafford ;)

Exactly, a team game.

Another game passes where he gets kicked and pushed around and doesn't rise to it.

That comment about him getting riled up too easily was total fiction at the time and it just looks like a deliberately disingenuous lie now.

Seems to be a point missed on lots of people, quite an important point too ;)

And very central to why Pep is so successful.

We all like to discuss individual players but actually there can be too much focus on it. I actually hate the whole thing with giving each player's preformance points every game in match reports etc.

Haaland is a prime example yesterday, barely touched the ball but just by being there and making runs etc, he helped create space for other players to score.

Another game passes where he gets kicked and pushed around and doesn't rise to it.

That comment about him getting riled up too easily was total fiction at the time and it just looks like a deliberately disingenuous lie now.

No, but I suspect Jack deliberately winds up opposition players on a regular basis :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.