10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that’s exactly why gloating on here is worthless. If you’re saying that you’ve had to defend him for 18 months against fans saying he isn’t doing enough in the big games, does 6 weeks of him impacting these games make you “correct”? Were they therefore not correct for 18 months?

I don’t believe any City fan wants Jack, or any other player to fail. They only want the best for each player and overall the club.

This forum should be a safe space for City fans to air their opinions with other City fans. We put up with enough shit from the media and fans of other clubs without turning on each other. Let’s do our gloating towards them cunts instead.
Grealish has been great ever since he first came in. Not my problem if other people couldn't see what he brought to the team. Only difference between this Grealish and the Grealish of last season is that he's being a bit more aggressive and making his own luck. Everything else is just as controlled and intelligent as it's always been with him. Pep has always trusted him and there's got to be a reason for that. He was very, very valuable last season and he's been even more valuable so far this campaign. He's started banging the goals in and getting the crucial assists now, which was the last piece of the puzzle that everyone should have seen coming, but they didn't. Instead they decided to write him off and slag Grealish off any chance they got. The way people talked about him was embarrassing. Now they've got nothing to say at all because there's literally nothing for them to moan about anymore.

He's just... You can't get the ball off him. You just can't. And he's always lurking when it's your turn, you're up. Ech. He's not even pressing, really. Just waiting and edging you into it. A very cynical and patient predator.

He's a hyena. A dirty fucking hyena. You're there looking at these lions. KDB, Haaland. Fending them off. Fighting a noble battle against these fierce, strong opponents. Jack's the one lurking in the shadows, nudging and edging you towards them. Waiting to pounce when you're distracted or tired. A big cat might take your jugular in one bite. But whilst you're worried about that, a Jack Grealish will bite your balls off and call it lunch.

I don't think they wanted him to fail. I think they were gloating when he supposedly had a bad game. Quiet now though, unsurprisingly.
I might be wrong (I’ve not read every post) but I don’t believe this is the case. I think his contribution in the final 3rd has been questioned and I think that’s fair, when you look at his G/A record since he came to the club. He’s playing wide forward in one of the best attacking sides in world football, G/A should be a given really and Jack has said it himself in interviews that he needs to score and assist more. He’s doing that now and therefore I don’t think it’s a case of people being quiet or hiding, it’s a case of Grealish delivering exactly what they’ve been asking for.

Becoming my fave player, such a nice lad, always upbeat and positive. So hard to dis-possess and when he gets a bit more selfish and ruthless in front of goal he will tear teams apart. Go on Jack lad.

Phil Foden is like a generational talent, BallonDor type player..

Jack is just Jack and we all love him.. <3

I mean, look at Foden's stats even now, he is having his worst season and still has 3 times more contribution, than Jack :D If we analyse this by game time and given minutes, than the difference becomes more obvious..

The main mistake was, that when you have Phil Foden of 20 / 21 and he does amazing season as a LW - signing 100M player on the same position doesn't make any sense. For this purpose Phil had to play False9, RW and other positions and he lost his stable position, but had a great season anyway last year as well..

Every player has his ups and downs. Even Kev, even Haaland, even Bernardo, but rarely Pep leaves them out of starting 11. Phil deserved same attitude and most importantly his regular position, where he belongs and knows he plays..

I am very happy for Jack and like it was mentioned - one of the most improved players of this season.. (Cause there is AKE as well for example and Rodri made a huge step forward..). But I don't like the fact that one of our best and influential players like Foden, has his worst season so far...

I understand Pep needs and wants to justify that 100m and he is doing perfect job for that, but question is why we needed Jack, when we had Phil Foden on that exact same position.. Cause if we compare, more logical was to sign someone like that on Ryad's position.. Phil was phenomenal and KEY player in our success, our offensive play regressed a lot since Sane left and Phil was the player who turned around that situation.

I might be wrong (I’ve not read every post) but I don’t believe this is the case. I think his contribution in the final 3rd has been questioned and I think that’s fair, when you look at his G/A record since he came to the club. He’s playing wide forward in one of the best attacking sides in world football, G/A should be a given really and Jack has said it himself in interviews that he needs to score and assist more. He’s doing that now and therefore I don’t think it’s a case of people being quiet or hiding, it’s a case of Grealish delivering exactly what they’ve been asking for.

Wouldn't be too much to come on here and acknowledge that he's living up to their standards then, would it? To be fair, one of the people I'm thinking of has already sacked the forum off.

What I'm saying is he was never as bad as some people made out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.