10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with getting booked? Most City players get booked for their first offence. He's not been sent off, he's not actually been in any fight where he's going to get punished. He does everything in a controlled manner. He loves the battle and sticks up for himself. Wind the fuck out of the opposition and then make them lose their heads. We had a master in that in Fernandinho. He had Di Maria wrapped around his finger in the semi final 2nd leg and got exactly what he was hoping for from him.
He got booked then sarkily clapped the ref , the likes of dean would have sent him off, braindead

If my Auntie had bollocks and all that
No, just dont fight and get booked , just avoiding a second in the same event because the ref was justified to give a second yellow , like i say he seems to smile and think its funny , we dont behave like that thanks, just play

He's been sent off twice in his career, most recently in the 16/17 season.

This season, across all competitions, he has our third highest number of yellow cards, with 6. Rodri and Bernardo both have 8 - are we agonising over their discipline?

He gets targeted a lot by opponents, and often receives little protection from the refs. If he didn't stand up for himself he'd be bullied off the pitch.

He's emotional but he's not out of control. He thrives in matches that have a bit of bite to them.

I'm not saying he necessarily always makes the right decision, or there aren't occasionally individual incidents that warrant a concern in the moment that he needs to calm down.

But there's absolutely nothing to suggest he can't be trusted to keep his head as much as any of his teammates.

He's been sent off twice in his career, most recently in the 16/17 season.

This season, across all competitions, he has our third highest number of yellow cards, with 6. Rodri and Bernardo both have 8 - are we agonising over their discipline?

He gets targeted a lot by opponents, and often receives little protection from the refs. If he didn't stand up for himself he'd be bullied off the pitch.

He's emotional but he's not out of control. He thrives in matches that have a bit of bite to them.

I'm not saying he necessarily always makes the right decision, or there aren't occasionally individual incidents that warrant a concern in the moment that he needs to calm down.

But there's absolutely nothing to suggest he can't be trusted to keep his head as much as any of his teammates.

I don't even know why you are defending the accusation,its utter agenda driven bollocks.

Watched the match again earlier,and Jack was quite superb......he always had at least 2 occupied while retaining possession,opening up space and creating,and generally creating panic in their ranks.

Complete change in attitude over the past season for me, from dislikeable surly sulker, who thought he was a star, to a total game changer, when he wised up and listened and understood the job he was brought in to do. The big grin on his face after the madrid game was confirmation for me.

No, just dont fight and get booked , just avoiding a second in the same event because the ref was justified to give a second yellow , like i say he seems to smile and think its funny , we dont behave like that thanks, just play
But we do, he’s brought that much needed needle to the side and takes no shit, he’s universally hated by opposing teams/fans yet somehow when they’re one of your own, he’s golden …

We’ve needed this for a while and it’s a breath of fresh air

Complete change in attitude over the past season for me, from dislikeable surly sulker, who thought he was a star, to a total game changer, when he wised up and listened and understood the job he was brought in to do. The big grin on his face after the madrid game was confirmation for me.
No change in attitude.

I like many believed he was an utter bellend and a cnut before he arrived at the club, always seemed to be a bit of a lad, we were wrong.

His first season was very underwhelming but there was no doubt from day 1 he was a very decent and humble lad. The interview with Lescot when we first arrived proved that.

Reactions: OB1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.