10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced he's in top condition, which he should be. Strange that every outfield player in the squad can play 2/3 posistions but Jack only plays LW, personally feel he could play as #8 in the Alvarez/KdB/Gundo role, surprised Pep reluctant to give him mins there.

I like him but he frustrates me when he gets the ball and just passes it, would like too see him run at defenders more.

Gvardiol looked more of a threat going forward yesterday.

Did you see him play at villa?, capable of everything Docu did yesterday but clearly told not to bother.
He was brought on yesterday to close out the game. He wasn't asked to try to beat his man, Doku was doing that job at will. Grealish was required to keep the ball, neutralise Brighton and bring calmness to proceedings. I'd say he did that just fine.

He was brought on yesterday to close out the game. He wasn't asked to try to beat his man, Doku was doing that job at will. Grealish was required to keep the ball, neutralise Brighton and bring calmness to proceedings. I'd say he did that just fine.
Completely agree that was his instruction yesterday, question is why is that always his instruction yet Doku has come in and been allowed to run non stop at his fullback regardless of if he loses us possession, a freedom Jack has never been allowed.

Remember when Kalvin was considered 1% overweight last season and Pep publicly called him out on it?

He‘d 100% do that with any player in the squad.

Grealish wouldn’t be in the match squad if Pep thought he was overweight.
In Phillips’ case Pep was using “overweight” as a euphemism for “out of his fucking depth”

Completely agree that was his instruction yesterday, question is why is that always his instruction yet Doku has come in and been allowed to run non stop at his fullback regardless of if he loses us possession, a freedom Jack has never been allowed.
I'm not sure Jack has the burst of pace from a standing start, that Doku has.

I agree that once he gets going, Jack could do a bit more to at least move the ball a yard to get the odd cross in, but Jack is almost the right hand side equivalent of what Bernardo does on the left, ball retention with the odd venture of beating his man.

I think we all need to get comfortable with the fact that they're two different players, playing in the same position. The same way that Dias and Stones are both centre halves, but have quite large differences in their qualities.

I'm not sure Jack has the burst of pace from a standing start, that Doku has.

I agree that once he gets going, Jack could do a bit more to at least move the ball a yard to get the odd cross in, but Jack is almost the right hand side equivalent of what Bernardo does on the left, ball retention with the odd venture of beating his man.

I think we all need to get comfortable with the fact that they're two different players, playing in the same position. The same way that Dias and Stones are both centre halves, but have quite large differences in their qualities.
Agree they're different however based on his play at villa Jack is certainly capable of running at players and beating them but has never been allowed that freedom here, yet strangley Doku has since day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.