10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this new system it's not "Grealish Haaland Bernardo" front three, but "KDB Haaland Foden".

---------Stones--------------Rodri-----------
Bernie------------------------------Grealish
----------KDB---------------Foden-----------
------------------Haaland---------------------

That's our system, Foden just replaces Gundo.

Kovacic isn't "Gundo type" of a player, so I guess, whenever he plays as a LCM and not Rodri's position, we use Foden / Palmer as a wingers..

--------Stones-----------Rodri------------
----------------------Kovacic---------------
Palmer---------------------------Foden---
-------------KDB-----------------------------
-------------------Haaland------------------

So Pep has a lot of flexibility here and I guess we will be OK..
I dont like the 2nd system as much, the 1st one is the way forward.

I dont like the 2nd system as much, the 1st one is the way forward.
Yep, but that's how Pep change the formation yesterday after Palmer-KDB-Foden came in..

it was like:
------------Bernie--------------------------
Palmer-------------------------------Foden
-------------------------KDB----------------
------------Alvarez--------------------------

I like first one as well, but whenever we need to rotate or game needs attacking wingers, Pep has "Plan B" and yesterday we saw that..

Yep, but that's how Pep change the formation yesterday after Palmer-KDB-Foden came in..

it was like:

I like first one as well, but whenever we need to rotate or game needs attacking wingers, Pep has "Plan B" and yesterday we saw that..
Yes I realize that, and while it was good we still saw Foden go centrally as Akanji went wide and am not as big a fan of that.

Would prefer Foden more central and a winger wide left.

But it is fine as a makeshift and perhaps can be better if Gvardiol is there rather than Akanji.

it was like:

IMO it was more like
-----------CB------ CB------
-----------Rodri------ Bernie------
RB---Palmer-----Foden-------------LB
---------------------------KDB----------------

Bernado played Mateo's position after Palmer went on actually and roamed freely around Rodri and CBs. I think that 1st half major problem was more about Mateo's playing style still too Chelsea-ish and the team did not really know where to go when he was on the ball. Rodri in particular was quite awkward standing alongside... No one's fault. Just a nature process to get a player bed into Pep's team.

Last edited:
I cant believe this needs explaining after last season.

The role of the wingers is to control the ball up the pitch and to create chances.

Goal scoring is way down, we rely on the 3 central attackers to get the goals.

And we have Haaland, Alvarez, Kdb, Foden, and likely McAtee to play in those central spots to score goals.

Its also just pre season and we started later than everyone else so maybe dont be so judgy so quickly of any of the players.
And that's fine when you play kdb and foden. But If you don't, like you saw on Sunday, you need something else otherwise you have too many ball controllers.

After he made the fucktards look incredibly clueless last season,it seems his detractors are crawling out of the woodwork again based on the evidence of going on the piss for 4 weeks and a quiet pre season.......As sad as it is,Jack will never win over some of you.....but please don't start making shit up and talking fucking nonsense about a lad who was as pivotal as any of our players in making history for our club.

I cant wait to see him getting going again,bringing his unique brand of football and character to the game,and again ensuring we are the team to fear and beat.

I actually would like to see Grealish get given a try in the middle when KDB's not playing.
Me too. He was brilliant last season outside - I just want to see him on the inside and foden outside, i think i prefer them like that.

Personally while he improved last year, still lacking creativity and the ability to see a pass, don't quite understand how poor his shooting has become either.

His 3rd year here, I presume he will be playing for a contract extension this year so needs to make it count or we may look to shift him on and get a few quid while he has a couple of years and he is young enough for people invest in him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.