10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read my message? I mentioned he created that chance for Alvarez.

But it is also true we had at least 4 3v3 (especially in the FH) situations when as soon as the ball got to Jack, the danger stopped. The goal, although super important was more about set up than the actual shot.
Yeah I read it, and was surprised how someone can be really poor, and yet create a huge chance, and score the winning goal.

Given how poor some people are quick to say that Jack is, I'd have thought there would be more positivity about that performance.

Gets awful stick for lack of goals and assists, and yet he's labelled really poor when he should have come away from today's game with both. Ah well!

I thought he was great today. He has a very unique skill set and is absolutely critical to the way we play. His control forces several opposition players to engage, he draws fouls, and also creates space for others. Some of his passes today were very KDBesque, and I thought he was one of our better players today. Finally got the winning goal he deserved vs Spurs.
I agree on his strenghts, but I completely disagree on today. He needed too many touches to pass the ball, and in the FH we were breaking the lines really well until the ball got to Jack. In that moment he either had to take 1-2 touches or dribble forward when he was in 1v1 situations, and we had advantage. He did neither.

We were already controlling the tempo without Jack (today we had him more in the middle, so he didn't participate as often), we didn't need that part from Jack today at all.

Yeah I read it, and was surprised how someone can be really poor, and yet create a huge chance, and score the winning goal.

Given how poor some people are quick to say that Jack is, I'd have thought there would be more positivity about that performance.

Gets awful stick for lack of goals and assists, and yet he's labelled really poor when he should have come away from today's game with both. Ah well!
The positives are that hopefully the goal will give him confidence. And again, his best action by far was the Alvarez pass, because that was all Jack.

Jack normally attracts players with his 8-10 touches before releasing the ball. He rarely loses it, and sometimes that produces an overload that we can take advantage on the other side with a quick transition. Today, we didn't need that. Rodri and Foden were breaking the lines and giving us plenty of good attacking positions where a more offensive mindset was needed. And Jack kept taking too many touches which was a poor choice in almost every action he had in the game. That for me is a poor game.

Thought bar the goal he was a non entirety. Chuffed for him though but could he not be played in the middle and for me we need an elite wide player.

Thought bar the goal he was a non entirety. Chuffed for him though but could he not be played in the middle and for me we need an elite wide player.

‘Bar the goal’ to be fair it was probably the most important strike in the game. If it’s besides a match winning goal each week, that’s pretty good

The positives are that hopefully the goal will give him confidence. And again, his best action by far was the Alvarez pass, because that was all Jack.

Jack normally attracts players with his 8-10 touches before releasing the ball. He rarely loses it, and sometimes that produces an overload that we can take advantage on the other side with a quick transition. Today, we didn't need that. Rodri and Foden were breaking the lines and giving us plenty of good attacking positions where a more offensive mindset was needed. And Jack kept taking too many touches which was a poor choice in almost every action he had in the game. That for me is a poor game.
Fair enough.

I'm just struggling to get my head around the fact that he tends to consistently do the things you said he did poorly today, but then gets pulled up on his lack of goals and assists.

And then today comes, he gets the winning goal and should have had an assist, and then gets pulled up for the things he normally does well, which aren't deemed enough.

I just don't think the lad can win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.