10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't bother, some people already made up their mind for him regardless the fact.
Some people prefer to look at what he’s done…or not…SINCE MARCH 2023, which is when that article was published!

Anyone who says that he has NOT been off the boil for much of the first half of the season has simply not been paying attention.

The question remains, “What have you done lately?” and many would say “Not enough!”

Some people prefer to look at what he’s done… not…SINCE MARCH 2023
He’s won the Prem, FA Cup, Champs League, Euro Super Cup & World Club Championship since March 2023 mate ;)

My post, which was a reasonably detailed analytical report, done by the club, shows he does have some outstanding qualities, nothing to do with his current form

If you, me, the poster I was replying to, or anyone else for that matter disagrees with the clubs analysts, we’d clearly be wrong

He’s won the Prem, FA Cup, Champs League, Euro Super Cup & World Club Championship since March 2023 mate ;)

My post, which was a reasonably detailed analytical report, done by the club, shows he does have some outstanding qualities, nothing to do with his current form

If you, me, the poster I was replying to, or anyone else for that matter disagrees with the clubs analysts, we’d clearly be wrong
Have to admit i think hes been below standard this season and i get frustrated watching him, but our record when he starts speaks for itself. Im quite happy he’ll be starting today. Ill still moan the first time he goes backwards but thats nature.

Even after all this time, I’m still torn. I get his value. We tend to play better when he plays because the game is less chaotic, but that is at the expense of him playing within himself. I just find it hard to believe that this is the player the club thought we were getting for £100m. I don’t mean that in the sense that he has been a flop or anything, because I don’t think he has, but I just don’t think you spend £100m on a safety first wide player who doesnt chip in with too many goals or assists and doesn’t have the pace to go on the outside. At Villa, he had an overlapping left back taking away a marker and giving him the option of passing to his left or driving to his right. But we don’t play that way, presumably because we don’t have much mobility in midfield to stop the counter attacks if a move breaks down while the full back is high and wide, so I half think the system is almost forcing him to choose between coming inside and playing it safe, or risk losing the ball by doing things that he doesn’t have the attributes to really do with any consistency, especially against low blocks.

He had a bit of a purple patch last season where he dropped much deeper to collect the ball, and he had way more space to drive into but for whatever reason, that’s stopped now.

I don’t know, I know this will be perceived as a negative post but I just feel for him because you can sense it frustrates him too.

Even after all this time, I’m still torn. I get his value. We tend to play better when he plays because the game is less chaotic, but that is at the expense of him playing within himself. I just find it hard to believe that this is the player the club thought we were getting for £100m. I don’t mean that in the sense that he has been a flop or anything, because I don’t think he has, but I just don’t think you spend £100m on a safety first wide player who doesnt chip in with too many goals or assists and doesn’t have the pace to go on the outside. At Villa, he had an overlapping left back taking away a marker and giving him the option of passing to his left or driving to his right. But we don’t play that way, presumably because we don’t have much mobility in midfield to stop the counter attacks if a move breaks down while the full back is high and wide, so I half think the system is almost forcing him to choose between coming inside and playing it safe, or risk losing the ball by doing things that he doesn’t have the attributes to really do with any consistency, especially against low blocks.

He had a bit of a purple patch last season where he dropped much deeper to collect the ball, and he had way more space to drive into but for whatever reason, that’s stopped now.

I don’t know, I know this will be perceived as a negative post but I just feel for him because you can sense it frustrates him too.
Why does what he cost matter two and a half seasons after we paid it?

It’s irrelevant to any debates about his value to the current team, surely?

I think if we’d paid a million less, some folk would be less neurotic about it.
Nah, their neuroses develop because they believe what they see in the media rather than what they see on the pitch.

A million or ten million less would make no difference to the media who wanted him to be a flop. The fact that a tiny minority of gullible blues fall for their nonsense is disappointing but not important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.