10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Particularly in the first half he was fantastic, his first time passes when closed down is second to none and it helped us move forward with more pace. Jack is getting back to his best and it is clear that he helps the team and understands his role in Pep's systems. Would like to find a way of playing him when Doku is available again.

Also him winding them up is joyous to watch.

Why does what he cost matter two and a half seasons after we paid it?

It’s irrelevant to any debates about his value to the current team, surely?

You are correct it is of little relevance now, unless you are an accountant and, for instance, concern your self with matters such as whether the written down value of his contract is worth more than we could get for it via a transfer fee. Even that is not the whole story, accounting wise.

The simple fact is City paid a lot of money for a player who has a level of technical ability that is still rare in English players. The way he took one ball on the run last night was exquisite - the kind of thing we drooled over Riyad doing.

Jack’s form has gone up and down but never, IMO, as down as some people make out. Sadly, some of our support will look for any excuse to stick the boot in.

He was very good last night but wasn’t MotM because Phil had an exceptional game. What is important though is that Jack seems to be finding the consistency and level that he showed, post World Cup, last season.

Wish he stayed on his feet a bit more.
Wish he went on the outside a bit more.
Wish he scored a few more goals.
Other than that there’s not much to complain about as he keeps possession really well, winds up the opposition and is a top lad in the dressing room. I like him.

Excellent performance by Jack and I think he's gonna do great things in the second half of the season...so so talented.

s important though is that Jack seems to be finding the consistency and level that he showed, post World Cup, last season.

Some posts here mentioned that he needed a proper run of games to get back the form after injury. They are quite right.

Reactions: OB1
Wish he stayed on his feet a bit more.
Wish he went on the outside a bit more.
Wish he scored a few more goals.
Other than that there’s not much to complain about as he keeps possession really well, winds up the opposition and is a top lad in the dressing room. I like him.
You know he’s genuinely getting walloped when he doesn’t stay on his feet? I read it a lot about him and it baffles me. I see him go down, see the replay of a blatant foul and yet the next thing he’s being accused by all and sundry of going down too easily.
It’s a myth, one which is sadly perpetuated by blues.

He’s my favourite current player alongside Foden. Not because I think he’s the best, there are others more worthy of that mantel but my favourite because he give’s everything even when he’s blatantly treated differently by refs to others and has defenders twatting him constantly whilst he just tells them to fuck off.
He also seems like a top lad who you could sit and have a good laugh with.
Baffles me the shit he gets from blues. I can only guess the cunts are dead inside.

Why does what he cost matter two and a half seasons after we paid it?

It’s irrelevant to any debates about his value to the current team, surely?
Agreed, not sure what more he could do in the time he's been here, than be a huge part of a treble winning side, notwithstanding the league title in his first season.

I mean, you only have to look over the road at what an £85m winger gets you, in Sancho and Antony; to realise that £100m is clearly actually very good value for Jack.

You know he’s genuinely getting walloped when he doesn’t stay on his feet? I read it a lot about him and it baffles me. I see him go down, see the replay of a blatant foul and yet the next thing he’s being accused by all and sundry of going down too easily.
It’s a myth, one which is sadly perpetuated by blues.

He’s my favourite current player alongside Foden. Not because I think he’s the best, there are others more worthy of that mantel but my favourite because he give’s everything even when he’s blatantly treated differently by refs to others and has defenders twatting him constantly whilst he just tells them to fuck off.
He also seems like a top lad who you could sit and have a good laugh with.
Baffles me the shit he gets from blues. I can only guess the cunts are dead inside.
He's a free hit, as for some reason referees tend to think he goes down easily, so any defender knows they get one or two hits before they get pulled up.

Nice of Shearer to see that it was 'just' a little nudge when Tarkowski completely wiped him out off the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.