10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered whether he was in Pep's bad books for some reason? Expected him to get some minutes yesterday, hopefully saving him for Wednesday?

I'd sooner him be getting right for next Saturday more,I don't get the hype for Wednesday,don't get me wrong a trophy to be had is nice,and would like to win it of course,but let's be honest it's a European Community Shield game deep down

Maybe still building fitness?

Could be that we plan to use him in the super cup and he's not quite at multiple games a week stamina yet.

Or perhaps Pep just didn't think he was needed for this game.

We're much less hectic in transition, going both ways, when he's there.

the running the subs do or players that don't get on the pitch isn't a punishment or lack of fitness, players train and eat all week to lead up to the game,their diet builds up to that match , their bodies are full of stuff that will give them energy for a gruelling match, if they dont play they cant just get on the coach they need to burn it off, if they dont they would put weight on and become sluggish

Jack needs to ignore all the bullshit and media off the field ,he was brilliant last season and set the bar high , we need the same again this season , Pep wouldnt have him anywhere near the squad if all the shite posted on here about his drinking was actually true. The mid season break is over and i am sure he will not throw away all the hard work he did last season.

This thread is like entering the twilight zone.

Do some posters actually read back what they’re writing and realise how absurd they sound?

Jack was critical in keeping our PL dreams stay afloat last season. He created the most chances in the UCL and worked his arse off for the club. By all means he’s one of the most well-liked members of the dressing room and does so much good off the field, much of which goes unreported.

He, along with most other players and club staff, rightly celebrated his backside off after we won the treble and *shock horror* had a few drinks and a good time.

If anyone was paying attention, he was training hard in the off-season before he even got back to the club in mid-July.

Most importantly in the context of recent performances on the pitch - again, if anyone had been paying attention - he has had a recurring hip problem since the end of last season, which was reported on back in May, although understandably would have got lost with everything else going on at the time.

In the Community Shield he was holding his hip a lot and was evidently in quite a bit of pain both during the first half and in the second half just before he came off at 57 minutes. I was at Wembley so saw this first hand.

This is the most likely explanation to why he didn’t play against Burnley. He was doing shuttle runs after the match which to me suggests he may have missed one or two training sessions due to his hip niggle.

Oh, and as for his “off the pitch” “behaviour”, if people on here are going to side with The Scum newspaper and slate him for the absolute criminal horror of parking on a set of double yellows in a quiet back street, then you’re no better than the Rags or Dippers, or for that fact, the sad bastards who sit watching his car for 4 hours in the hope of getting a cheap headline.

So, instead of indulging in your willed and forced hate of Grealish (because some posters here just love to hate him), may I suggest you get your facts in order first? It’s absolutely embarrassing to see City fans writing such drivel about one of our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.