10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you actually paid attention to team fitness…

Jack was ill this week, missing at least two training sessions, and clearly wasn’t well enough to take part last night, backed up by what Sam Lee has said on Twitter.

We struggled due to the fact Grealish wasn’t able to start last night, and under normal circumstances he would have done.
Fair enough I didn't see that, although I do think "we struggled" is stretching it a bit, we controlled the game for 95% of it

If you actually paid attention to team fitness…

Jack was ill this week, missing at least two training sessions, and clearly wasn’t well enough to take part last night, backed up by what Sam Lee has said on Twitter.

We struggled due to the fact Grealish wasn’t able to start last night, and under normal circumstances he would have done.

Surely you are over exaggerating re. his dire physical conditions. He was on the bench available against Newcastle, after all.

Surely you are over exaggerating re. his dire physical conditions. He was on the bench available against Newcastle, after all.

Just because he is on the bench doesn't mean he will get played. He is there to make up number sitting on bench despite not being fit.

Agreed he will when tactics require it, but for me he slows us down
He does slow us down and is very very predictable. However he does keep possession very well before his usual backwards pass, also wins free kicks.
That's why I prefer Bobb, he's an incredibly talented lad with very quick feet who also manages to hold onto possession, his passes are quick and crisp.. I think Doku tends to have a go at defenders even when it's not good to do so and loses us possession.

He does but keeps possession brilliantly, we witnessed with Doku on Saturday that losing possession cheaply is very costly with the lack of pace we have at the back.
That's the risk with Doku. Dias & Ake are not fast so we get caught out, other teams with fast forwards have found our Achilles heel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.