10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why it is an "if" ?

Doku has already played ahead of Grealish in big and small games ever since our derby vs Man Utd.

Grealish has zero league starts when Doku is in the squad after the derby.

I hope Pep knows on what he is doing. This kind of thing will make big difference whether we win title such as league or CL this season.

Why it is an "if" ?

Doku has already played ahead of Grealish in big and small games ever since our derby vs Man Utd.

Grealish has zero league starts when Doku is in the squad after the derby.
Grealish had a lengthy time out with injury after the derby. Then Doku was out with injury and Jack played (well, including three goals in three games). After Doku came back, there have only been two league games (neither of which Doku has played particularly well in, although he started). When they've both been available, I'm not sure the sample size of games is that great.

Pep does seem to have a fascination with Doku, as if he thinks he sees a rough diamond he wants to polish. He needs to be careful that fascination doesn't cost the team. It could be argued it already has done this season.

Grealish had a lengthy time out with injury after the derby. Then Doku was out with injury and Jack played (well, including three goals in three games). After Doku came back, there have only been two league games (neither of which Doku has played particularly well in, although he started). When they've both been available, I'm not sure the sample size of games is that great.

Pep does seem to have a fascination with Doku, as if he thinks he sees a rough diamond he wants to polish. He needs to be careful that fascination doesn't cost the team. It could be argued it already has done this season.

If we didn't win anything this season it's not solely because whether Grealish or Doku get started.

After winning pretty much everything including CL last season, i kind expected our players will not develop hunger like previous season so seeing our team is not that great like previous season doesn't surprise me at all.

Don't get me wrong i hope Pep and our player prove me wrong showing me that they will do it again but tbh i already satisfied seeing City winning treble with grealish (whether his hater is admit or not i don't give a shit) being one of important to bring our club treble last season.

If we didn't win anything this season it's not solely because whether Grealish or Doku get started.

After winning pretty much everything including CL last season, i kind expected our players will not develop hunger like previous season so seeing our team is not that great like previous season doesn't surprise me at all.

Don't get me wrong i hope Pep and our player prove me wrong showing me that they will do it again but tbh i already satisfied seeing City winning treble with grealish (whether his hater is admit or not i don't give a shit) being one of important to bring our club treble last season.
You seem to be addressing points I didn't make,

But okay.

Pep has an odd position with certain players. Laporte, Zinchenko, Bernardo, regardless of how good/important they'd been the previous season they had to prove themselves again basically from scratch (but often not given enough playing time to do so). Meanwhile if the likes of De Bruyne had returned with a wooden leg he'd be straight back in the side until he breaks down again.

Doku has one attribute ahead of Grealish - explosive acceleration, not enough to justify him being the preferred option. Starting to think Pep got fortunate with the Fowden appendix operation and the timing of it, don't think the trouble was possible with him rotating on the left and breaking Grealish's rhythm in the last part of the season.

It is not true.

Grealish had a lengthy time out with injury before the derby. Not after.

What I am talking about is not related to the performance of the players or the result of the game.

I am merely pointing out... There is no need to pretend there is a rotation system and avoid the talk of potential transfer unless you want City & Pep to be what the general public accused City of - buying out players only to avoid other teams to get them - unlimited spending power on the bench - luxury purse... It does not look good under the current FFP atmosphere.

I hope Pep knows on what he is doing. This kind of thing will make big difference whether we win title such as league or CL this season.
Not sure your serious with that statement, our managers man management skills are off the scale.

Pep does what is good for the team, not Jack Grealish or any other individual for that matter.

I think its being missed that Grealish was ill for a week before Newcastle. From peps words he didn't even finish Fridays training session so was never going to start. Bobb was then given his chance at Spurs after his Newcastle performance and it being the cup. Then last night was probably a tactical decision based on the space we thought we'd have. Before all that Grealish was coming into some good form. I'm not sure we've had many games at all this year where him and Doku have been fully fit and challenging so I don't think we can say who is favoured. Reality is they're different players who bring different strengths and will be picked on a game by game basis depending what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.