10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst we’re nowhere near the business end of the season, history tells us that Pep starts finding a first 11 around this time.

Never quite as simple as that but line ups definitely become easier to guess.

It wouldn’t surprise Grealish being very disappointed to be left out. However, whether he would behave like that is another matter.

Let’s see what happens tonight and let’s back Jack to get back to his best.
i'm just a long standing fan, have no inside info and tend to trust what I see rather than follow rumours. so am obviously no expert and no idea about what goes in behind the scenes. but am a big Grealish fan as I am of most of the squad - after all they are our players.
think Jack played really well most of last season but I just think he seemed to celebrate too hard and then was a bit in and out this season with a few injuries. but I'm very mindful of Pep's phrase "we are back at the bottom of the mountain". I compare him to Foden who is a bit younger but seems to have taken on board he needs to go again and has stepped up a level with KDBs injury whereas I wonder if Jack subconsciously had felt he was at thd top rather than the bottom of the mountain and he's slipped just a little. maybe Pep is testing him to get the best out of him.

There isn't a single dressing room in thebleague that doesn't have players pissed off they don't play every single week, (aside from maybe united where everyone is only there for the 400k a week wages) a little temper tantrum is nothing either. He and anybody else should be annoyed they're not playing, use it to be better in training and perform when the chance is given.

Even if the sketchy source is accurate, it isn't a newsworthy headline. If it was a problem in any way, you can guarantee pep wouldn't be letting him travel, we saw how cancelo was quickly pushed out when his unhappiness at not playing went beyond an acceptable level, there would be no hesitation from Pep.

i'm just a long standing fan, have no inside info and tend to trust what I see rather than follow rumours. so am obviously no expert and no idea about what goes in behind the scenes. but am a big Grealish fan as I am of most of the squad - after all they are our players.
think Jack played really well most of last season but I just think he seemed to celebrate too hard and then was a bit in and out this season with a few injuries. but I'm very mindful of Pep's phrase "we are back at the bottom of the mountain". I compare him to Foden who is a bit younger but seems to have taken on board he needs to go again and has stepped up a level with KDBs injury whereas I wonder if Jack subconsciously had felt he was at thd top rather than the bottom of the mountain and he's slipped just a little. maybe Pep is testing him to get the best out of him.
I don’t think he has been good enough overall this season and that’s why he is not in the side. I can’t see him being on the bench if that rumour is true but who knows.

Pep didn’t come over to the fans tonight which I think is quite unusual, particularly given the backing.

Jack may be on a downer since his whole family were subject to a potentially violent robbery at his purpose built dream home. Maybe a move to safer, warmer climes and a happier family life beckon.

With a fully fit squad and new signings, Jack was never going to get picked every game. Bar Ederson and maybe Haaland, nobody is picked for every game. We’re a squad team.

It is not about playing every game.

It is only 13 min in a total of 4 games in a row.

And from the training photos Grealish has been a regular one in the winning team recently and shows a happy face.

Grealish has played 2nd fewest minutes in the squad(except Sergio) since they came back from winter break. Ortega played far more than Grealish.

So the only conclusion is that Pep has already made up his mind and Grealish is no longer in his picture for whatever reason.

I for one would like to see him back in the team - he’d give us a bit more control given that we’ve got De Bruyne and Foden in the middle.

It’s a shame that he can’t play on the right as he really couldn’t do any worse than Bernado did tonight.

I think Bernardo has about 5 years worth of reserves in the bank.

Grealish has had a very stop start season, maybe he's simply unlucky but whatever he needs to get fit, get in the team and stay there but he has serious competition from Doku, foden, Bernardo and Bobb.
I cannot see how to get match fit by playing 13 min in a total of 4 games.

Both Bernado and Grealish got illness recently. Bernado got back into the team the next game to play back to fitness. Grealish was left out of the team since then.

Both Grealish and Doku got injury in the first half of the season. Grealish had to play with 2nd team in the cup games to get back into the team. Doku played with 1st team in league games straight back from injury.

It is just plain that Pep gave Grealish up already - for some reasons unknown to us. No need to pretend it is a competition otherwise Doku would not get a start after his showing at Spurs. Maybe Tikki prefers another way to spend 30k/week wage.

Jack has been injured and has had a difficult period personally. It isn't difficult to see why his minutes have been limited, and the emergence of a fully fit squad for the first time this year will have an effect on everyone. Stones didn't play, Kovacic didn't start, Nunes didn't play, Bobb didn't play, Lewis didn't play, Akanji didn't play...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.