10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing suggests these.

As multiple journo reported, a common flu/cold like bug went around the squad in January before the winter break. It kept Bernado out of squad for only one match. But Grealish only got 13 minutes pitch time ever since.

Training photos clearly showed Grealish back in full speed training long ago.

Pep does not want to pick Grealish for whatever reason. Pep has every right to do so.

He is simply no longer in Pep's plan any more.
Eh?

thought it was strange that doku got the nod over him when we are 3:1 up in an away game where we should simply keep the ball and let the clock run down.

did I miss something? don't want to stir the pot, genuine question.

thought it was strange that doku got the nod over him when we are 3:1 up in an away game where we should simply keep the ball and let the clock run down.

did I miss something? don't want to stir the pot, genuine question.
I think Pep saw that they were open on the wings and the game was stretched at that point so Doku keeping them on the back foot was the sensible substitution. He gave them plenty to think about.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the break-in has been troubling him. I know it would me.

And even if his illness was only a cold/flu, different people have those conditions at different severities and just because one person recovers quickly it doesn't mean everyone else would. If I remember rightly, Jack had another illness earlier in the season too, so the repeat minor illnesses might have him a bit run-down and even if he's feeling better, perhaps his endurance isn't back up to speed yet.

I don't know what Pep's plans are but I trust him to pick his teams to give us the best chance of winning. I'd love to see Jack back on the pitch and in form because I really rate him as a player, but Pep and the club know far more about his health, fitness, emotional state, performances in training etc. than we do.

Nothing suggests these.

As multiple journo reported, a common flu/cold like bug went around the squad in January before the winter break. It kept Bernado out of squad for only one match. But Grealish only got 13 minutes pitch time ever since.

Training photos clearly showed Grealish back in full speed training long ago.

Pep does not want to pick Grealish for whatever reason. Pep has every right to do so.

He is simply no longer in Pep's plan any more.
You were doing ok (albeit very negative again) UNTIL your last sentence - then I made a note to ignore you as you don’t know what you’re talking about.

anyone who comes on here thinking they know what’s in Pep’s plans, needs help :)

Don’t think he would kick a ball again for Guradiola if he’d stormed out of training early , plenty of games coming up for him to play in . Hopefully he can repeat his form from last season .

Reactions: CC1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.