10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was OK tonight, got better as the game went on

Wish he would go on the outside a bit more and cross with his left. He has a decent left foot delivery when he actually uses it. There's plenty of times where he looks like he has the space to take that route but opts to cut back inside. I understand we do play a possession game and often we are clearly outnumbered in the box, so he's playing a game of percentages but I just feel going down the line a bit more would at least keep their defenders guessing.

He was poor tonight. He’s gone back to his original cautious way of playing with us when he first arrived - everything backwards. The Liverpool game was his peak. Energetic, exciting. He’s forgotten how to be that player

He was poor tonight. He’s gone back to his original cautious way of playing with us when he first arrived - everything backwards. The Liverpool game was his peak. Energetic, exciting. He’s forgotten how to be that player
He had far more pitch to work with at Villa... Let's see how he does Saturday versus a team that will give us more space to attack than the likes of Sevilla.

I thought he was OK tonight, got better as the game went on

Wish he would go on the outside a bit more and cross with his left. He has a decent left foot delivery when he actually uses it. There's plenty of times where he looks like he has the space to take that route but opts to cut back inside. I understand we do play a possession game and often we are clearly outnumbered in the box, so he's playing a game of percentages but I just feel going down the line a bit more would at least keep their defenders guessing.
Good point.

But it was not about him not dare to use his left foot. It is part of the game plan. Grealish has a good left foot but his left foot delivery rage is smaller than a real left foot player. Without Gundo ran into the left half space in the box and Mahrez pop up around the penalty point, Grealish did not have any target inside his left foot range if he ran into byline. The game plan was clearly crossing from Grealish's right foot or Gvardiol's left foot. We can see Halaand and Palmer waiting for that signal to run to the far right post.

It will change a lot after we sign Paqueta. His profile fits more to our current system.

Last edited:
I love Jack but a 37 year old kept him quiet. Whenever he got space to run, I’m shouting drive into the box, and he didn’t
In the absence of Kdb him and foden should roatate position more often .He is not a winger and would never have great Goal contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.