10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Does less than nothing wide left. Slows down play & comes inside every bloody time! As a winger, and considering his cost and wages, he probably offers less value than bloody Kalvin Phillips!

We were better when he came on. Several times it created space in behind for Bernardo but we just wasted it. He isn't going to beat three players and bang one in, but he will sack players onto him and create more room for others and its a critical part of us unlocking teams.

First game in a while, and he did okay.

We were better when he came on. Several times it created space in behind for Bernardo but we just wasted it. He isn't going to beat three players and bang one in, but he will sack players onto him and create more room for others and its a critical part of us unlocking teams.

Correct. In his limited time on the pitch he did as much, if not more, than out other attacking players who played the whole game.

We were better but he like the others take so long to deliver that final pass, just take a chance, smash the ball into the area.

We always try to score the perfectly made goal, in games like yesterday you need to take chances to makes chances.

Try a few long range shots, get the ball in the box early, play the ball long from the back, just try something the opponents defenders are not expecting, we have become boringly predictable.

Does less than nothing wide left. Slows down play & comes inside every bloody time! As a winger, and considering his cost and wages, he probably offers less value than bloody Kalvin Phillips!

Yet Pep usually picks him in the biggest games when fit, i.e Champions League final

He offers a lot, he creates a lot of space and control

People malign him because he's not a typical winger that flies down the wing and whips crossed in, but we don't play like that anyway. Hence why we play a right footer on the left and vice versa. Bernardo when playing on the right doesn't do that either, he's also going to cut inside 9 times out of 10 and pass. It's just how we play.

In my opinion we look a better team with Jack than without him.

We were better but he like the others take so long to deliver that final pass, just take a chance, smash the ball into the area.

We always try to score the perfectly made goal, in games like yesterday you need to take chances to makes chances.

Try a few long range shots, get the ball in the box early, play the ball long from the back, just try something the opponents defenders are not expecting, we have become boringly predictable.

This i agree with.

We get frustrated that teams "park the bus" but the way we attack pretty much makes it inevitable anyway. We don't move the ball up the pitch that quickly, so if gives teams an opportunity to set themselves defensively, and why wouldn't they?

Sometimes I think the possession game is so drilled into the players that it's hard to get out of. Look how often Haaland is trying to make runs and nobody gets their head up and spots it. That's why it winds me up people having a dig at Haaland when he's trying to make things happen but we're so drilled to play one way.

I mean that way has been very successful, and I don't know anything compered to Pep, but it seems obvious to me that in games like yesterday where its becoming very evident we can't walk the ball into the net that you need to vary the approach of attack.

It reminds me of watching Spain at Euro 2020. Teams sussed out if you get organised, they'll just keep passing side to side because they had no thought of a plan B in how they attack.

This i agree with.

We get frustrated that teams "park the bus" but the way we attack pretty much makes it inevitable anyway. We don't move the ball up the pitch that quickly, so if gives teams an opportunity to set themselves defensively, and why wouldn't they?

Sometimes I think the possession game is so drilled into the players that it's hard to get out of. Look how often Haaland is trying to make runs and nobody gets their head up and spots it. That's why it winds me up people having a dig at Haaland when he's trying to make things happen but we're so drilled to play one way.

I mean that way has been very successful, and I don't know anything compered to Pep, but it seems obvious to me that in games like yesterday where its becoming very evident we can't walk the ball into the net that you need to vary the approach of attack.

It reminds me of watching Spain at Euro 2020. Teams sussed out if you get organised, they'll just keep passing side to side because they had no thought of a plan B in how they attack.
Sometimes let the opponent's have the ball,tempt them up the pitch, then hit them hard on the break or play the ball over the top for the viking, just mix it up a bit.

Yet Pep usually picks him in the biggest games when fit, i.e Champions League final

He offers a lot, he creates a lot of space and control

People malign him because he's not a typical winger that flies down the wing and whips crossed in, but we don't play like that anyway. Hence why we play a right footer on the left and vice versa. Bernardo when playing on the right doesn't do that either, he's also going to cut inside 9 times out of 10 and pass. It's just how we play.

In my opinion we look a better team with Jack than without him.
"In my opinion we look a better team with Jack than without him."

I would agree with this present team but he also sums up the team, predictable.

He is brilliant at keeping possession but he creates little and rarely scores, he has to do more in that final third, take more risks but I am sure he is working under instructions and not playing his natural game.

Sometimes let the opponent's have the ball,tempt them up the pitch, then hit them hard on the break or play the ball over the top for the viking, just mix it up a bit.

Considering how quick Haaland is, we rarely utilise it. You've got a 6'5" strong striker that could leave most centre backs for dust in terms of speed, and we don't seem to see it as an option when other things don't work. I'll never understand that.

It's not like it's not on either, he tries that run many times in a game and nobody looks up.

It's funny really, if I was a CB coming up against Haaland, the one thing I'd probably want to avoid is a foot race with him where he can also knock you over. I think most defenders would prefer to play against him in the box where they can double up, rather than having to run with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.