10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Considering how quick Haaland is, we rarely utilise it. You've got a 6'5" strong striker that could leave most centre backs for dust in terms of speed, and we don't seem to see it as an option when other things don't work. I'll never understand that.

It's not like it's not on either, he tries that run many times in a game and nobody looks up.
He must be getting pissed with never getting that early pass, it simply never happens in the last few months.

Grealish hopefully can stay fit now, for the run in, another injury would completely fuck his season. its really a nothing season so far from him, time to step up, stay fit, and add some quality to the team and also some goals/assists.

He did nothing wrong did nothing great. But standards are so low and parameters are different for him so his every touch will be hailed as great contribution. People say we were better when he came on is objectively wrong

Well, judging from Pep's heated instruction to Grealish after the match, Pep didn't look too happy with his performance. In a sense it's a bit disappointing if he still needs to be instructed in this way.

I think we should let him play in a CM's position, rather than out wide as a winger.

Did nothing to warrant the criticism that the usual cranks are offering up whilst not doing anything exceptional.
He was ok with a couple of flashes of excellence including the great cross to Doku who couldn’t make the most of it.
Great to have him back for the run in.

He did nothing wrong did nothing great. But standards are so low and parameters are different for him so his every touch will be hailed as great contribution. People say we were better when he came on is objectively wrong
I don't think you can judge "better" without subjectivity.

Well, judging from Pep's heated instruction to Grealish after the match, Pep didn't look too happy with his performance. In a sense it's a bit disappointing if he still needs to be instructed in this way.

I think we should let him play in a CM's position, rather than out wide as a winger.

I'd definitely like to see him as a CM.

Look at the facts. He rarely loses the ball, which is a big plus at CM. Defensively he's pretty good too when he has to be. He is actually excellent at running with the ball when he's more central, he's great at shielding the ball when running in possession and can go past players once he gets moving.

I've always said Jack hasn't got great acceleration off the mark, but he can shift and keep the ball when he gets going. This to me is the big problem at LW, you only get 5 yards of space, and he doesn't trust his acceleration off the mark, so he's reluctant to try to beat his man on the outside. But you see when he has space to run into that he's very hard to get the ball off.

When you look at all his traits, you see why he pretty much had a free role at Villa. I think sticking him out so wide is really taking away a lot of his abilities.

Of course he will do a job out wide, sometimes a very good job because he's an intelligent player, but I'd like to see that Intelligence in a position that can utilise his abilities better.

But of course, Pep sees him every day and has forgotten more than us shitkickers on a forum will ever know about football, so I guess he has his reasons.

But I don't think it takes a football genius to realise the best traits of grealish aren't best utilised in such a confined area of the pitch.

Good luck to Quack Grealish in the Lymm Duck Race today.
899a282c51d1c5b6cbd46e347156fc4e.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.