10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can look at his performance two ways.

1. He was the only one of our front three that gave us any control. Haaland was anonymous and Bernie just kept giving the ball away. Jack was excellent at getting us up the pitch and gave us a solidity that the other two sadly didn’t.

2. He had some big fucking chances again and the end product was as it normally is. He honestly hits more defenders shins that Jesus Navas ever did. You would think it was impossible to have as many shots blocked as he does. Some of Reals best chances, came from our own good chances that Jack did nothing with.

Theres not many players over the years that have had me so torn on whether I rate them highly or not. He can be world class/Sunday league in the space of 10 seconds. I don’t know anymore.
Are we a better side with him in it?

If the answer is yes, then you take him as he comes and get what you're given, pros and cons.

If you think the answer is no then you're wrong.

The goalscoring thing is a mental block and at his age it's going to take some incredible sports psychology to overcome it.

But, although scoring is the hardest thing to do in football, we have a few players who know how to put the ball in the back of the net, but probably no-one else who gives us quite so much calmness, control, time and space (plus that edge of shithousery that winds up the opponent and makes them act rashly).

His decision-making is spot-on, his defensive support is very good and much appreciated given our wobbly defensive form, and he's an always-available out-ball.

He makes the team better and we miss him when he's not there.

I thought he was our best player but he has to get his shots away quicker. Two great chances to hit it first time but he didn’t. Did well though. Won lots of free kicks and a solid game from him. He has had a very good week.

Think we are a better team with an on form Jack regardless sod the goals (which he seriously, seriously isn't good enough in that respect)

That alone shows that he's needed, he brings the control Pep likes to suffocate teams, moreso than any other attacker we have

Glad he's found himself some form, just stop expecting him to hit the net often as he won't, he's just not good enough in front of goal

Bur he's 100% needed for this run in

Are we a better side with him in it?

If the answer is yes, then you take him as he comes and get what you're given, pros and cons.

If you think the answer is no then you're wrong.
We all know we are a better side with Jack in it. That doesn’t there’s no merit in my 2nd point. He’s playing wide forward in the best side in the world. It’s arguably harder not to score and assist in this side, than it is. He has literally said himself since he’s been here that he doesn’t score or assist enough…but maybe he is wrong.

The goalscoring thing is a mental block and at his age it's going to take some incredible sports psychology to overcome it.

But, although scoring is the hardest thing to do in football, we have a few players who know how to put the ball in the back of the net, but probably no-one else who gives us quite so much calmness, control, time and space (plus that edge of shithousery that winds up the opponent and makes them act rashly).

His decision-making is spot-on, his defensive support is very good and much appreciated given our wobbly defensive form, and he's an always-available out-ball.

He makes the team better and we miss him when he's not there.

You either have it or don't, like you said scoring is the most difficult thing to do and like any other football skill it's hard to improve after certain age.

His shooting will never be his main strenght sadly but that's doesn't mean Jack is completely useless piece sack of shit like some certain poster delusionally thinking whenever he play.

We all know we are a better side with Jack in it. That doesn’t there’s no merit in my 2nd point. He’s playing wide forward in the best side in the world. It’s arguably harder not to score and assist in this side, than it is. He has literally said himself since he’s been here that he doesn’t score or assist enough…but maybe he is wrong.
I reckon if you were to ask Pep who is most important players were in games like this, he'd likely say Bernardo, Jack and Rodri.

You can probably play any other 8 players from our squad in their respective positions, and we'd largely be no worse off.

Drop any of those 3 out and we become a different side, no surprise that they occupy left, centre and the right most of the time.

We are the best side in the world because of what he does, and additional goals and assists would be a huge bonus.

I reckon if you were to ask Pep who is most important players were in games like this, he'd likely say Bernardo, Jack and Rodri.

You can probably play any other 8 players from our squad in their respective positions, and we'd largely be no worse off.

Drop any of those 3 out and we become a different side, no surprise that they occupy left, centre and the right most of the time.

We are the best side in the world because of what he does, and additional goals and assists would be a huge bonus.
I’m not arguing because I think for the most part we are aligned on how valuable he is to the team. I just don’t see G/A as a bonus from a wide forward, they should be a given in this team and it’s not like he doesn’t have it in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.