10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still want to see him in a more centre midfield role. He carries the ball so well when he has space to run into and get moving.

Out wide you only get a small amount of space to work in and he clearly doesn't trust his acceleration off the mark to beat a defender in 5 yards of space. Look how much more comfortable he looks running at a player when he drifts more central now and again.

he carries the ball well into space, he rarely loses the ball, he's defensively responsible etc etc. Surely those are the ingredients for a very good centre mid.

Obviously Pep knows best. I just can't work it out. All his best attributes lend himself to playing further in field. I'd have him as the link between Rodri and an attacking playmaker. Essentially an "8", as they say when numbering positions.
Should have been played centrally a long, long time ago.

Pep knows best on many things but I remain to be convinced he will ever know best when it comes to Grealish. He uses Jack as an effective cog to give space and chances to other players, but never allows him to shine himself. He’s absolutely wasted hugging the left touchline. It’s not his position and never will be.

Grealish is on record for saying he’d like to play the 8 role earlier this season. His defensive and overall workrate is outstanding, as well as his ability to keep the ball when we’ve actually had issues losing it in key central positions this season. He might doubt his ability to beat a man over 5 yards every time but he has a lot of speed over distance. Midfield is made for him.

Thought Jack was good last night.

Some people are fucking mental on these threads, I guess that most just usually play on their gamestations doing rainbow flicks and 40 yard screamers and compare players to that, and then can't get their heads around real life top top level professional football.

I’d have picked him to start last night but if you’d have known how defensive Madrid would be ( made worse by their early goal ) I’d have gone with Doku

Hindsight eh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.