10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good game, did what was expected. At this point it's really no use thinking of a game changing goal or contribution from Jack, just be happy with his contribution on the pitch. If you can't make peace with that then you would always be disappointed.

I think that is very true. I think the reality is don’t expect him to win a big match for us or change a game. It was no surprise KDB was the player who stepped up and scored, as he has done so often in the past.

Weve got a few players who step up and take the responsibility to drag us across the line.

Whether a role on the periphery, in Citys front four, is good enough will always result in discussion though.

Good game, did what was expected. At this point it's really no use thinking of a game changing goal or contribution from Jack, just be happy with his contribution on the pitch. If you can't make peace with that then you would always be disappointed.
We scored a total of 4 goals vs Real Madrid.

One came from a set piece he won.

One assist.

Grealish is not a goal scorer for sure. But saying no contribution is a bit unfair. Actually much more than our striker.

Other than potentially firing in a cross more often he had an excellent game. There were so many times he had two players on him and then quickly passed back which created space on the outside of the box but we didn't look to shoot and ended up switching to the flank again. It would have been good to see Bernardo make more of those overlapping runs in behind. But those little moments weren't really happening for us last night.

Does Jack not have the pace to drive past a fullback he constantly turns inside and generally lays the ball. This isn’t a criticism by the way just a thought.

Gets far too much praise for lackluster performances where he offers nothing. Which is always the case when we are playing against a team parking the bus. The defender is on a yellow at least try and go past him and not just stand there doing pointless step overs to then pass the ball back 10 yards.
We need to be stretching the defense to allow Haaland room to run into. If our wingers are going to keep bringing the ball inside time to revert back to a false 9.

Does Jack not have the pace to drive past a fullback he constantly turns inside and generally lays the ball. This isn’t a criticism by the way just a thought.
Said last night he wins loads of free kicks outside of the box, why he doesn’t drive more into the box and win more, he seems to always run into someone or pass it back out, you could see how they shit themselves when Doku came on because he does that. Jack is great for control when maybe you need to see the game out but he needs more freedom if we are to see the best of him, a bit like dare I say it Palmer at Chelsea.

Gets far too much praise for lackluster performances where he offers nothing. Which is always the case when we are playing against a team parking the bus. The defender is on a yellow at least try and go past him and not just stand there doing pointless step overs to then pass the ball back 10 yards.
We need to be stretching the defense to allow Haaland room to run into. If our wingers are going to keep bringing the ball inside time to revert back to a false 9.

I'm not blaming him for anything, but "incredible"? No way.
I’m can’t fault anyone’s effort last night. He worked hard and created chances when we couldn’t. I think he was brilliant.

We were losing the game 1-0 for most of the game and went on to lose on penalties. I guess if I said anyone last night was incredible some smart arse would disagree.

Should we have won? Yes. Am I gutted we didn’t? Yes. Am I going to shoot anyone whilst they are down after that performance? No.

Thought Jack was incredible last night.

Anyone who is blaming one player needs to grow up. Blame the whole team if that makes you feel better.

I’m a fan of Grealish and think a lot of stuff he does that benefits us goes unnoticed but “ incredible last night “ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.