10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Of course he didn’t and, at 92%, his pass completion was very good. Also, he was dispossessed just once.
I hadn’t checked the stats, but it was obvious that whilst he didn’t create much or give us the control he normally does, that he wasn’t giving the ball away.

I’d assume our fullbacks had the worst pass % in the first half. It seemed to be the pass starting the buildup being off that created so many transitions.

Of the players you typically expect to keep the ball, i think its a possibility yeah.

It was most probably kdb or Alvarez, it usually would be one of them by the nature of their game being different in attempting forward passes and trying to shoot as often as possible.

Grealish gave it away more than Doku on the opposite flank and will be well up there
As I’ve just replied to another poster, I bet Gvardiol and Walker had far lower pass % than Grealish and Doku.

If Bernardo leaves I’d like to see Pep try Grealish in a similar role, sort of half wing half box to box midfielder.

He doesn’t look like he’s going to age well as a winger. As soon as he loses a little bit of speed he won’t be able to beat anyone, so he’s going to have to move into midfield eventually IMO.
Would like to see it but after nearly 3 seasons here there must be something Pep doesn’t like about it. Even at Brighton with the game won when Doku came on it was the perfect time to try it. Instead it was Doku who played centrally

I hadn’t checked the stats, but it was obvious that whilst he didn’t create much or give us the control he normally does, that he wasn’t giving the ball away.

I’d assume our fullbacks had the worst pass % in the first half. It seemed to be the pass starting the buildup being off that created so many transitions.
Don’t know the half split but for the full game, Walker was very close to Jack 0.7% worse. Josko was much lower.

As I’ve just replied to another poster, I bet Gvardiol and Walker had far lower pass % than Grealish and Doku.
Jack grealish turnover percentage against forest was 17.14%

Walker, akanji, ake, gvardiol, Rodri, kovacic, haaland, bobb and doku were all lower than that.

Alvarez and kdb were always going to be higher, and were. Bernardo is somebody you'd say often has a similar dont lose it remit to grealish, he was higher. So second worse of the players you expect not to lose it.

Jack grealish turnover percentage against forest was 17.14%

Walker, akanji, ake, gvardiol, Rodri, kovacic, haaland, bobb and doku were all lower than that.

Alvarez and kdb were always going to be higher, and were. Bernardo is somebody you'd say often has a similar dont lose it remit to grealish, he was higher. So second worse of the players you expect not to lose it.
Any stats will be skewed by Bernardo’s coming inside just after the hour and us controlling the game from then on, increasing all players’ stats after that.

Pep himself said Bernardo moving inside was the difference, not the Grealish/Haaland switch.

Would like to see it but after nearly 3 seasons here there must be something Pep doesn’t like about it. Even at Brighton with the game won when Doku came on it was the perfect time to try it. Instead it was Doku who played centrally

We were saying the same about Phil until this season tbf. We were all calling for it and Pep didn't see it.

And he needed Roberto Martinez to try KDB in midfield before he would do it in 2017.

I think he's quite cautious with these things.

They kicked Jack yesterday left and right. Tough game, but for all his skill he just doesnt try hard enough to score IMO. He doesnt have a scoring mentality and determination in general. Still extremely important for City;'s game.

They kicked Jack yesterday left and right. Tough game, but for all his skill he just doesnt try hard enough to score IMO. He doesnt have a scoring mentality and determination in general. Still extremely important for City;'s game.
He makes it very easy to get kicked, that's part of his game, good for slowing a game down but also frustrating.

Sadly this season he has gone backwards, he is never a goal threat and creates little.

Would not surprise me if the rumours of a possible move are true, although much will depend upon how many do leave and who is available to replace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.