10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he is a fun person and has great personality
Good traits for a DJ.
That kind of personality might be good and nice to be around for those looking for such an atmosphere, but paying a professional footballer £300k p/w for only this, is just bonkers!
I am glad he has a good spirit and his jovial, but I am more interested in what he can do for us on the pitch. Not what he has done for Villa, but what he can do for City, consistently.

but 3 goals and 3 assists for a winger is just not good enough, nevermind for a player who cost 100 mil.
I was told I do not understand football. for Grealish goals and assists are not important and are not required, including when his one on one with a keeper. His price tag and salary, will never be justified. He was never a £100M player, his not and never will be. He is not a £300K p/w player. So far, Grealish and Villa got the better end of the deal with this one.

Sterling, Mahrez and Gabriel were getting pelters day in and day out, Sterling that has over 100 goal contributions for City. Mahrez who has single handedly won us games.

Yet when it comes to Grealish, different standards are used. Once we question those standards, we are called football illiterate. The bar for Grealish is too low and at this point it is just ridiculous how worshipped he is, for just doing the bare minimum on the pitch.

He needs to contribute a lot more than just keep possesion.
I do not even know what to say. 3 seasons in and only a good 3-4months to show for it. To me that doesn't spell elite footballer. Maybe if he played in a different team with a different style, he would be. So far, for this Pep team, he is not an elite player!

I HOPE in his 4th season, does more and becomes consistent at it. Maybe Pep might tinker with his strategies and use him better and in a different position. Maybe as an 8.
Some people want him to play as a 10, as a Kdb replacement, that would require him to assist more and be more of a goal threat, great vision, and picking out passes. I do not know if Pep see's that in him. I don't, not that it matters because I am not Pep.

Whatever the case, I hope he comes back with a point to prove and fight very hard and stake his claim.

So many people in this thread, such as yourself, think they get it. And by "it", I mean Football!
You think you get it, newsflash, that's your COGNITIVE BIAS talking. Thinking you some analytical football savant. Perhaps you are bob!
At the end of the day, we can not all be savants such as you and other Grealish fans!
Please lead us bob, show us the way, help us get it!
Many people in this thread repeating exactly what they have been saying over and over for 3 years now, they will probably be repeating it all next year too. Pep gets football Pep will play him when and where he thinks best next season like the last 3.

Good traits for a DJ.
That kind of personality might be good and nice to be around for those looking for such an atmosphere, but paying a professional footballer £300k p/w for only this, is just bonkers!
I am glad he has a good spirit and his jovial, but I am more interested in what he can do for us on the pitch. Not what he has done for Villa, but what he can do for City, consistently.

I was told I do not understand football. for Grealish goals and assists are not important and are not required, including when his one on one with a keeper. His price tag and salary, will never be justified. He was never a £100M player, his not and never will be. He is not a £300K p/w player. So far, Grealish and Villa got the better end of the deal with this one.

Sterling, Mahrez and Gabriel were getting pelters day in and day out, Sterling that has over 100 goal contributions for City. Mahrez who has single handedly won us games.

Yet when it comes to Grealish, different standards are used. Once we question those standards, we are called football illiterate. The bar for Grealish is too low and at this point it is just ridiculous how worshipped he is, for just doing the bare minimum on the pitch.

I do not even know what to say. 3 seasons in and only a good 3-4months to show for it. To me that doesn't spell elite footballer. Maybe if he played in a different team with a different style, he would be. So far, for this Pep team, he is not an elite player!

I HOPE in his 4th season, does more and becomes consistent at it. Maybe Pep might tinker with his strategies and use him better and in a different position. Maybe as an 8.
Some people want him to play as a 10, as a Kdb replacement, that would require him to assist more and be more of a goal threat, great vision, and picking out passes. I do not know if Pep see's that in him. I don't, not that it matters because I am not Pep.

Whatever the case, I hope he comes back with a point to prove and fight very hard and stake his claim.
He is never a KDB replacement, there are so much better playmakers than Jack in the world, to replace Kevin

I think that says rather more about them than it does about Jack or myself. A terrible shame.
You really have a serious problem of COGNITIVE BIAS bob.
Can't believe the way some people talk about a player who has played a big role in us winning the treble and (in his time here) three consecutive Premier League titles. The disrespect and lack of appreciation are staggering but, unfortunately in this day and age, sadly not surprising. By the time he leaves City, Jack will have played more games, scored just as many (if not more) goals, and won more trophies for this club than the likes of Asa Hartford, Eyal Berkovic, Georgi Kinkladze, Ian Bishop, Ali Benarbia, and many other fan favourites and cult heroes, but he's talked about as though his behaviour and application here have resembled the likes of Danny Mills. When I say some people in this thread don't get football, it's not a dig at peoples' ability to spot ability but a dig at people who choose not to be forgiving towards a player who works hard for the club and his teammates, loves being a part of the culture here, and clearly sees City as an adopted home. It's quite telling that so many people immediately went on the defensive about my earlier comment and chose to read it in the worst faith possible. I think that says rather more about them than it does about Jack or myself. A terrible shame.
bob, I truly hope Grealish comes back next season and does well, consistently. I Hope it says more about me, wanting him to succeed. I do not rate him but I TRULY WANT HIM TO SUCCEED!

Do not get me wrong, he too contributed, he was part of the consistent 11 picked by Pep. But for me the are other players that played a bigger role than Grealish in us winning the Treble, 6 of them were all mentioned and nominated for the Ballon d'or. Grealish didn't even make the list. Anyway, to hell with that list, they robbed Haaland. I would still rate those 6-players, having played a bigger role than Grealish did to our treble, and throw in Eddy, Ake and Akanji too ahead of him. But hey what do I know, I do not get it, when I say "it", I mean football.

I too suffer from the BIAS bob, its a serious disease, its a sickness. It causes division. We must conquer this disease bob, before it divides and destroys us. This disease has destroyed nations and friendships and countless things, bob. We should open a group and fight it, hold hands and be each other's support structure, we can not let this divide us bob!

Nonetheless, I hope Grealish comes back strong and stake his claim. I do not want a wedge between fellow blues. We are getting mad at each other for sharing opinions, having different opinions and views. We are blocking each other and putting each other on ignore lists because, we all have a difference in opinions and views. This is a forum, it is expected we have differences, I am not going to block anyone, because I want to know everyone's views and opinions. I learn a lot from all of the BLUES in here. This is by far my favourite online community, no matter the differences in views and opinions.

Last edited:
Many people in this thread repeating exactly what they have been saying over and over for 3 years now, they will probably be repeating it all next year too. Pep gets football Pep will play him when and where he thinks best next season like the last 3.
Something ironic about a parrot complaining about people constantly repeating themselves.

Can't believe the way some people talk about a player who has played a big role in us winning the treble and (in his time here) three consecutive Premier League titles. The disrespect and lack of appreciation are staggering but, unfortunately in this day and age, sadly not surprising. By the time he leaves City, Jack will have played more games, scored just as many (if not more) goals, and won more trophies for this club than the likes of Asa Hartford, Eyal Berkovic, Georgi Kinkladze, Ian Bishop, Ali Benarbia, and many other fan favourites and cult heroes, but he's talked about as though his behaviour and application here have resembled the likes of Danny Mills. When I say some people in this thread don't get football, it's not a dig at peoples' ability to spot ability but a dig at people who choose not to be forgiving towards a player who works hard for the club and his teammates, loves being a part of the culture here, and clearly sees City as an adopted home. It's quite telling that so many people immediately went on the defensive about my earlier comment and chose to read it in the worst faith possible. I think that says rather more about them than it does about Jack or myself. A terrible shame.
Those players you mention were not playing in a team full of superstars managed by the best in the business. A rather unfair comparison.

if pep drops a player out of squad it's a beginning of the end i'm afraid, if somebody would offer 60m it's a no-brainer to me, but who would match his wages that's the bigger issue

A club willing to make an offer of 60m with his salary? Nigh impossible, I'd say, though his personal sponsors may be able to cover some cost.

I picked up info, when reading an article some weeks ago, that the club considered selling him last year, but in the end decided to abandon the idea for whatever the reason.

Boo Bowyer, Edgy, Raz, FFS Mahrez, we have another one for your gang. Comments like these overnight about one of our own are really sad, but nothing new. I don't know about other clubs but the need for some fans to have a scapegoat is bizarre, IMO. Why do you need one even when he's won everything there is to win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.