10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey. We have our new scapegoat.
Not really. When have you heard the crowd ever get on his back during a game? He gets loads of support. It’s a player thread to discuss player performances. Many of us are saying he had a poor season. He also had a pretty average 18 months before the 2nd half of last season.

The manager admitted he left him out of the squad for a crucial game for poor effort in training. Some people defending him are almost saying he won the treble as if that means he can’t ever be criticised. Dwight Yorke won a treble and had a far better season in that side than Jack did for us. He then took his eye off the ball, got complacent and started living the life. His manager soon binned him. If everyone else in our squad had been like Jack this year after an amazing season we wouldn’t have 4 in a row.

Not really. When have you heard the crowd ever get on his back during a game? He gets loads of support. It’s a player thread to discuss player performances. Many of us are saying he had a poor season. He also had a pretty average 18 months before the 2nd half of last season.

The manager admitted he left him out of the squad for a crucial game for poor effort in training. Some people defending him are almost saying he won the treble as if that means he can’t ever be criticised. Dwight Yorke won a treble and had a far better season in that side than Jack did for us. He then took his eye off the ball, got complacent and started living the life. His manager soon binned him. If everyone else in our squad had been like Jack this year after an amazing season we wouldn’t have 4 in a row.
If people were only saying that he had a difficult season last year, it wouldn't be an issue. This thread has always been a sorry show.

Some people will not like the fact but Jack underperforming this season is one of reasons of why we as team is not performing like we did last season.

I know there are other several factors but i still think if we have Jack performing at his best throughout seasons things will be different. Same if we have KDB and Haaland throughout season.
We need a new winger ,Doku and Grealish combined won't give you 10 goals a season

Blimey. We have our new scapegoat.
Nonsense.

If Mahrez had games like Jack, he would have been openly booed by "fans" and dragged on social media. If anything the fans have been very patient and are still patient with Jack.

Look at the Doku thread, 2 months in and half the comments there was "Get rid", "Palmer was better", look at the Nunes thread, everyone there seems to have filed him under the failed project box.

Jack has had 3 abysmal seasons here and people still talk about him like some teenage player. First it was he needs to adjust to the league, then it was he needs to adjust to the club, then we blamed the media, now we are blaming the incident that took place in his house, if Pep wasn't the manager that he is today, I bet some would have called for him to be sacked as "he just can't get the best out of Jack"

Where was all this reason and understanding, when Doku, a 21 year old playing outside his country for the first time in a new club, was called trash and filed under the failed project category just two months into his time here?

For christ sake, look at Mahrez and Raz goals and assist records here but some here just can't bring themselves to say anything good about them. Even Leroy, reading the comments here you would think he was a Nolito , Navas type of player here, But Jack? Oh yes, a proper baller.

Yeah, Jack is the new "scapegoat" alright. Keep telling yourself that.

Last edited:
Nonsense.

If Mahrez had games like Jack, he would have been openly booed by "fans" and dragged on social media. If anything the fans have been very patient and are still patient with Jack.

Look at the Doku thread, 2 months in and half the comments there was "Get rid", "Palmer was better", look at the Nunes thread, everyone there seems to have filed him under the failed project box.

Jack has had 3 abysmal seasons here and people still talk about him like some teenage player. First it was he needs to adjust to the league, then it was he needs to adjust to the club, then we blamed the media, now we are blaming the incident that took place in his house, if Pep wasn't the manager that he is today, I bet some would have called for him to be sacked as "he just can't get the best out of Jack"

Where was all this reason and understanding, when Doku, a 21 year old playing outside his country for the first time in a new club, was called trash and filed under the failed project category just two months into his time here?

For christ sake, look at Mahrez and Raz goals and assist records here but some here just can't bring themselves to say anything good about them. Even Leroy, reading the comments here you would think he was a Nolito , Navas type of player here, But Jack? Oh yes, a proper baller.

Yeah, Jack is the new "scapegoat" alright. Keep telling yourself that.
I will. The vitriol in here is off the scale.

It’s what I’d expect from us critiquing a rag player.

Only doing it online and not to his face is hardly a good thing either.

I will. The vitriol in here is off the scale.

It’s what I’d expect from us critiquing a rag player.

Only doing it online and not to his face is hardly a good thing either.
I don't see it as vitriol, just criticism which is justified seeing as it's a player performance thread.

Shall we just sugar coat it and blow smoke up his arse because he's a likeable character?

Jack has had 3 abysmal seasons here
This is just absolute horseshit.

If playing a key role in our treble is “abysmal” then you’re living on another planet. Although it’s clear some still don’t appreciate the role he played in last season’s run in.

His first season wasn’t even that bad for a first season under Pep. He played a fair bit in the 2022 run-in, scoring against West Ham in a crucial game and playing excellently at home against Newcastle. People don’t half have revisionist memories.

Oh and for heaven’s sake can we stop talking about his price three years ago? It was Villa’s release clause, it was what he was worth to THEM.

It was disappointing to read about Jack being dropped ahead of Fulham and clearly the onus is now on him to work through whatever issues have plagued him. But just to add that incidents like the burglary affect all people differently. There is no one standard response to a traumatic event which is what some on here seem to be implying. When my dad died 12 years ago I worked like a demon for months immediately afterwards. Brilliantly well. Then I crashed and burned dramatically over six months later.

On a positive note, Jack turned up to the England camp yesterday after a quiet few days off well ahead of other City/United players so is clearly keen to move forward and get fit again to secure a Euros spot. Hope he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.