10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was excellent last night and whilst fans of other clubs will say he hasn't played enough, it was clear last night he's still levels above others and hasn't played because we're the best team in the world. He's exactly the player you want in international football. Draws people onto him, and enable others to find space. Never gives the ball away and works his arse off to get back. He's his own biggest critic, and I hope he stays with City because whilst he's not set the world alight since his move he was a key part of our treble success and I don't know who we could buy to replace him if he left.

He was excellent last night and whilst fans of other clubs will say he hasn't played enough, it was clear last night he's still levels above others and hasn't played because we're the best team in the world. He's exactly the player you want in international football. Draws people onto him, and enable others to find space. Never gives the ball away and works his arse off to get back. He's his own biggest critic, and I hope he stays with City because whilst he's not set the world alight since his move he was a key part of our treble success and I don't know who we could buy to replace him if he left.
When he is fired up and has something to prove he is a superb player, but that's the issue.

He needs a rocket up his arse to get the best out of him, an aggressive Jack Grealish is a top player, a placid one is very ordinary.

When he is fired up and has something to prove he is a superb player, but that's the issue.

He needs a rocket up his arse to get the best out of him, an aggressive Jack Grealish is a top player, a placid one is very ordinary.

It's more about his mindset than needing a rocket. I think he's a very driven individual who is overly critical of his own performances and that's hindering him.

Very rarely do you get someone speaking after games so critically. After the CL final he was critical of his own performance. After we beat West Ham he was critical of his impact this season and even mentioned how he congratulated Pep who reciprocated, but that he'd "only won 3" not 4. That's telling on his perception of his role in the team. He still doesn't feel like he's a key part of it.

For me, he gives far too much time to the critics. We all talk about his goals and assists being down on what we need, but that didn't stop us winning a treble where he was undoubtedly a key contributor to our success. The minute he stops obsessing with numbers and just backs himself and plays his natural game those things will come.

He did enough last night in that cameo to book himself on the plane for me, and playing a part in the Euro's even from the bench will help boost his confidence and hopefully he comes back and kicks on.

It's more about his mindset than needing a rocket. I think he's a very driven individual who is overly critical of his own performances and that's hindering him.

Very rarely do you get someone speaking after games so critically. After the CL final he was critical of his own performance. After we beat West Ham he was critical of his impact this season and even mentioned how he congratulated Pep who reciprocated, but that he'd "only won 3" not 4. That's telling on his perception of his role in the team. He still doesn't feel like he's a key part of it.

For me, he gives far too much time to the critics. We all talk about his goals and assists being down on what we need, but that didn't stop us winning a treble where he was undoubtedly a key contributor to our success. The minute he stops obsessing with numbers and just backs himself and plays his natural game those things will come.

He did enough last night in that cameo to book himself on the plane for me, and playing a part in the Euro's even from the bench will help boost his confidence and hopefully he comes back and kicks on.
I don't think he is driven, that's the issue with him.

He clearly is technically very talented but it's that total belief in himself that's lacking.

As said when he is fired up, he is a player. The worst thing any opposition crowd or player can do to him is wind him up, he becomes a very different animal when they do.

Great to have him out on that right side with Jérémy. They bring different things to the table. Both very skilled footballers.

I don't think he is driven, that's the issue with him.

He clearly is technically very talented but it's that total belief in himself that's lacking.

As said when he is fired up, he is a player. The worst thing any opposition crowd or player can do to him is wind him up, he becomes a very different animal when they do.

We'll agree to disagree on that mate! He joined England early, came on and showed what he can do - that to me is someone who has the drive. I think it's more a self-doubt and psychological thing with him but semantics really. I wouldn't want to sell him personally and hope he stays and kicks on. But I'm sure most do.

He talks about his game performances because the media report it, even now before the England games reports that he might not make the 26 team squad and the reporter before the game even asked Southgate about it! No other team has players who have done so well before for the club get so much negativity! where as Bellingham can play average game after average games and the media still suck him of!

We'll agree to disagree on that mate! He joined England early, came on and showed what he can do - that to me is someone who has the drive. I think it's more a self-doubt and psychological thing with him but semantics really. I wouldn't want to sell him personally and hope he stays and kicks on. But I'm sure most do.
He joined up early thanks to a talking to from Pep and the fear of not making the Euros.

He's had a shockingly poor season and needs to up his game and quickly for all concerned.

A good euros and we may get back a player in the mood for a top season next August.

He talks about his game performances because the media report it, even now before the England games reports that he might not make the 26 team squad and the reporter before the game even asked Southgate about it! No other team has players who have done so well before for the club get so much negativity! where as Bellingham can play average game after average games and the media still suck him of!

He talks about it off his own back. He was asked how it felt to win the CL and offered an opinion of his own performance, he wasn't asked "how do you feel you played?". Similarly, after the league title win he was asked how it felt and was downbeat because of his role in our success, rather than being happy in having won the title the way a lot of people would have been.

That's why my belief is that it's his mindset that holds him back over any perceived lack of desire or passion or drive to perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.