10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s my thoughts on his form.

He was pretty shit since signing until we offloaded Mommy Bless Me and he suddenly flourished.

Perhaps there’s an issue with the flux at left back?

Right now it’s 2 steps back but he’s hardly Kalvin Phillips and has plenty of goodwill in the bank.

Personally I’d have a Doku/Sane all day long but we know that’s not Pep’s style.

Jack needs games and he needs them in a settled team and we’re anything but settled right now.

So you want him to ignore his instructions and do what you want, that will be good for his prospects under Pep.

What I'm saying is smart arse, is surely him being on the wing he has to attack defenders, what part of that don't you seem to be able to understand ?

The excitement has diminished

What I'm saying is smart arse, is surely him being on the wing he has to attack defenders, what part of that don't you seem to be able to understand ?

The excitement has diminished
You said he's playing to instructions,but want him to play differently. So is he playing to instuctions, or does Pep want him to play the way you want and he's ignoring Pep. Can't be both.

Well if you'd managed to read the post I was replying to you'll see meeesh said he was playing as instructed but wanted him to play differently. But as you've dived in we will know if he's playing as instructed if he keeps getting picked. My guess is he will.
I dived in as you stated he was playing to instructions, and wanted to know how you knew (you don't btw).
He may be getting picked, but he is also getting hooked off.

Listen, we all know Jack can do a lot better than he currently is and hope he gets back that form quickly, but let's not pretend all is well atm by claiming he is playing to instructions when we have no idea what those instructions are

You said he's playing to instructions,but want him to play differently. So is he playing to instuctions, or does Pep want him to play the way you want and he's ignoring Pep. Can't be both.

Was trying to be kind by saying playing to instructions without sounding too critical, but surely he can't be getting told every time he gets the ball pass it back to our full back or Rodri or whoever, may as well have my mother on the pitch doing that, because that's exactly what is happening.

Was trying to be kind by saying playing to instructions without sounding too critical, but surely he can't be getting told every time he gets the ball pass it back to our full back or Rodri or whoever, may as well have my mother on the pitch doing that, because that's exactly what is happening.
Agree and, personally think that is why he was hooked as he was ineffective for most of the time.

It is a conundrum as we know he is capable of being more direct and dynamic, but were not seeing it this season thus far.

Here’s my thoughts on his form.

He was pretty shit since signing until we offloaded Mommy Bless Me and he suddenly flourished.

Perhaps there’s an issue with the flux at left back?

Right now it’s 2 steps back but he’s hardly Kalvin Phillips and has plenty of goodwill in the bank.

Personally I’d have a Doku/Sane all day long but we know that’s not Pep’s style.

Jack needs games and he needs them in a settled team and we’re anything but settled right now.
Amazingly for me the biggest issue Grealish has is self confidence, before he joined us I always though he was a bit of a cock and full of himself, that is clearly not the case.

Sometimes he lacks self belief and plays within himself, Grealish at his very best is the players that winds up opposition players and fans and then goes and causes havoc on the opposition defences.

We witnessed that Grealish with his cameo against Forest in very difficult circumstances. Forrest were starting to get into the game and looking dangerous in every attack, Grealish comes on the pitch and winds up their players superbly completly distracting them and at the same time getting our fans fired up and driving on the team.

So you want him to ignore his instructions and do what you want, that will be good for his prospects under Pep.
Yes you've got it spot on, that's what people want until they realise that it doesn't work long-term.

Laughable that people think the top wingers attempt to go past the full back all the time, the conversion rate of doing so isn't as high as some think.

Doku will be moulded into a player who makes the right decision more often than not, and no doubt there will be fans complaining he's stopped 'beating his man'.

My first City match was in 1976 and the intervening 47 years have have routinely been punctuated by tedious, angry, selfish cunts at games, who care nothing about how much their invective is spoiling the enjoyment of the game for others; taking their frustration at their pitiful and empty lives out on certain players because it makes them feel slightly better about their miserable existence for a couple of hours.

It’s plainly out of sync with how a ‘supporter’ of a football club should conduct themselves.

This thread is an online extension of that. They cannot wait to come on here after a game and spill their bile.

And if any of those posters reading this means this makes me think I’m a better City fan than you, then you’d be absolutely fucking correct.

1976? Pfft. You JCLs need to realise we perfected the art of abuse long before you started your brief infatuation with the club. We turned the likes of Ian Bowyer from a shortsighted ginger twat into a real man. And transformed Joe Corrigan from a fumbling idiot into a proper goalkeeper.

Selfish? It was character building and good for the soul. It saved many a domestic black eye or kicked animal - at least on a Saturday.

Not sure why some overpaid big girl’s blouse of a modern footballer should escape our attention.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.