10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree when it’s us on the counter with a 3 v 2. Be clinical and win the match. Plus we still had 8 back

I've just watched the game back on City+

This is the " 3v2" which wasn't a "3v2." Note the images are at 87:41 to 87:43.

If it was earlier in the game Jack attacks that position. But it was the 88th minute and if we lost possession there IMO 100% Pep goes fucking spare. Instead, Jack took his time and went backwards and we had easy possession for another minute before the Solly March injury. Game management at its finest.

9.jpg

10.jpg

It’s all about expectations. If you say Grealish is a winger then you expect assists and goals. A player who gets the crowd going. If Grealish was playing beside Rodri like kova and doing what he does you would say he is brilliant at keeping the ball, defending & controlling possession while driving the team forward.

The club has won the treble with him wide so why complain? For me personally I would like to see him play beside Rodri but can’t see that happening until Bernie leaves. He would be fantastic as a double pivot imo.

Why did the club buy kova and nunes? Jack can do what they can do and probably better no disrespect to either. Maybe pep needs to rethink how he utilises players? Gundo for example would not be hailed as a legend if he had of continued to play dm instead of Rodri which he was deployed many times or in a deeper role. Pep trusted him to play further forward behind the forward and it worked amazingly.

Anyway, just a thought seeing as we have a few threads on the player. Expectation’s for some players does not align with the position pep is asking them to play. He won’t change a winning setup and rightly so but I just can’t help thinking we need to evolve the midfield and until some players are moved to a more favourable position we won’t see the best of them.

Unlucky tonight. Could have easily had 3 assists in the first half. Still needs to work on his shooting though. That handball was harsh as it's clear he was trying to balance himself IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.