10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at we going to set up and play now no wingers, can see him not playing more then 30 games next season
Rather doubt that we could play a season without wingers. We're 'muddling through' with the current system because we have a relatively small squad of trusted players (17), four of whom now (Stones/Grealish/de Bruyne/Ake) are evidently not fully fit and incapable of playing 90 minutes twice in five days. Grealish needs rest but we also have to find someone who can fulfil a similar role on our right. Given his form and fitness, he shouldn’t really be going to the Euros, but I suppose he will.

I suspect he's suffering the same problem as Stones, which is that once Pep lands on a team for the run in, he doesn't tend to rotate. A bit unlucky because like Stones, the injuries have taken away that chance, but there's still plenty of time for him to have an impact in these last two games

I suspect he's suffering the same problem as Stones, which is that once Pep lands on a team for the run in, he doesn't tend to rotate. A bit unlucky because like Stones, the injuries have taken away that chance, but there's still plenty of time for him to have an impact in these last two games
Totally correct, but I was amazed he didn’t come on instead of Doku. That tells you how much I know, Doku was good when he came on.

Not trusted says it all, this season he has been meh, coasting on the treble imo
I am not sure he is not trusted. There has been a change in Pep's tactics with both Gvardiol and Ake playing much higher on the left side with the aim of overload, so both Grealish and Doku were utilized less. The same happened with John - he finally stopped using one of the CBs in the MF. Even when they find themselves in that role (mostly Akanji) they are more sporadic intervals and incursion than spending 90% time on the pitch in that role. And the results improved.

Totally correct, but I was amazed he didn’t come on instead of Doku. That tells you how much I know, Doku was good when he came on.
Think the high defensive line that Ange & Spurs play, made Doku the better choice ?
Jack keeps the ball better than Doku, which is crucial in tight games, especially in Europe.
Hopefully Jack comes back fitter and more determined, next season...

I think Grealish and Stones got their time in the second leg with RM in UCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.