10 | Jack Grealish - 2024/25

Any updates on Jack ?
Apparently - minor injury, not risked vs. united because of concerns about triggering a bigger problem. Might be available for PL match 1, if not then should be fine for match 2.

Pep didn't say what kind of injury it is, hope it's just a one-off thing and not a recurrence of last season's niggling groin issue.

“muscular”

Close your eyes and hear it in Pep’s voice. It’s his non-answer answer to 99% of injuries. City don’t like to talk about them.

It is time to move on. Grealish played very well against Chelsea in the preseason but still cannot get one minute on the pitch when the starting winger is injured. It is the Pep way to tell him softly you won't ever start in the league again. It has been months since Grealish ever kicked the ball for City in a PL match. Probably never again.

It is time to move on. Grealish played well against Chelsea in the preseason but still cannot get one minute on the pitch when the starting winger is injured. It is the Pep way to tell him softly you won't ever start in the league again. It has been months since Grealish ever kicked the ball for City in a PL match.
He got a knock last week or the week before so dont be stupid

It is time to move on. Grealish played well against Chelsea in the preseason but still cannot get one minute on the pitch when the starting winger is injured. It is the Pep way to tell him softly you won't ever start in the league again. It has been months since Grealish ever kicked the ball for City in a PL match. Probably never again.
Just a little over the top, maybe?

I was concerned when he didn't start as I assumed he was fit. The fact he didn't get a single minute suggests he isn't.

He was probably fit enough to play but Savinho impressed in training so they went with him instead to make sure Jack doesn't aggravate it, I wouldn't be surprised if the reverse happens next weekend and Jack gets the start v Ipswich so Savinho can rest his knee.

Honestly thought Grealish and Bobb would be the starting wingers after preseason but hey this is why we have a squad, injuries happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.